[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 2', 44' Pen; Roofe 101') - 1 Braga

10 hours ago, DMAA said:

Leipzig have been the best team in the Bundesliga in the past while. They are top of the form table going back as far as the last 13 games. They are top for GD throughout that period. Seems their position in the Bundesliga doesn't reflect how good they are at the moment. 

They had a very bad start under Jesse Marsch (now at Leeds), but have gone back to what they're good at under Tedesco. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think it's churlish to single out Goldson after last night. I thought he did well apart from one slight dip in concentration.

He was cracking the goal aside and that wasn't entirely his fault. The ball is perfect the player gets the march on goldson and then gets across roofe. Even if goldson goes with him then he still scores as goldson can't go through or round Roofe

The ref was a joke. 

No bookings for any number of promising attacks stopped by cynical fouls. 

The first VAR goal he is either saying Barasic deliberately handled the ball or he doesn't know the rules. 

The 3rd one is over the line i think before the foul. 

Their goal is most certainly a rangers foul not a corner. 

The morning after the night before, and I still don't think it's sunk in that we are in the Europa League semi-final. I thought 2008 was a "once in a lifetime" for me, this team could maybe, just maybe provide another opportunity for this old fart. 

Not gonna lie, was quite emotional at the game last night. Words can't describe the amount of pride I have for the players. Every one of them who participated last night and on this run deserve enormous credit.

Some will try to downplay this achievement, where in any other country we'd be getting praised to the heavens. There is nothing to "downplay", we deserve to be here, we've beaten some top teams and we are here on merit. 

At this moment in time, we are punching well above our weight, but this is the stage where Rangers FC belong.

Enjoy the moment People, we deserve it. 

Rangers FC - Scotland's Gallant Few.

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

He was cracking the goal aside and that wasn't entirely his fault. The ball is perfect the player gets the march on goldson and then gets across roofe. Even if goldson goes with him then he still scores as goldson can't go through or round Roofe

I thought we got a bit sloppy once they went down to 10 men.  Actually said to my son I can see them scoring and they did a few minutes later.  It was a textbook corner and a well executed goal.  Sore one to lose at the time but I'll give braga the credit for this one rather than pick holes in an otherwise  strong defence on the night.

6 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The ref was a joke. 

No bookings for any number of promising attacks stopped by cynical fouls. 

The first VAR goal he is either saying Barasic deliberately handled the ball or he doesn't know the rules. 

The 3rd one is over the line i think before the foul. 

Their goal is most certainly a rangers foul not a corner. 

There was no need for Ramsey to follow through,  I thought it was over the line without his help to be honest.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

The morning after the night before, and I still don't think it's sunk in that we are in the Europa League semi-final. I thought 2008 was a "once in a lifetime" for me, this team could maybe, just maybe provide another opportunity for this old fart. 

Not gonna lie, was quite emotional at the game last night. Words can't describe the amount of pride I have for the players. Every one of them who participated last night and on this run deserve enormous credit.

Some will try to downplay this achievement, where in any other country we'd be getting praised to the heavens. There is nothing to "downplay", we deserve to be here, we've beaten some top teams and we are here on merit. 

At this moment in time, we are punching well above our weight, but this is the stage where Rangers FC belong.

Enjoy the moment People, we deserve it. 

Rangers FC - Scotland's Gallant Few.

Fantastic post. This sums up how I'm feeling too. Still buzzing.