[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 2', 44' Pen; Roofe 101') - 1 Braga

7 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Take it the bookies expect extra time winner for them or penalty shoot out win,as that's the only ways we can lose if winning tie at 90minutes.

Indeed, which is odd. If we are expected to win in the 90, at home with the support behind us, why would we not be favorites to get over the line in ET or penalties when we already have the momentum. I guess the bookies are betting on the well documented Scottish self-destruct button being activated! 

16 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Great player. Terrible signing.

Unfortunately you can't allow for bad luck in scouting.

OK with players like Roofe and probably Souttar you know you're taking somewhat of a gamble but Helander has been fairly unlucky in his time here which is a shame as, like you acknowledge, he's a fine defender when fully fit.

Maybe just me but there is a lack of "buzz" around considering we've gotten a EL Quarter Final and Scottish Cup semi-final loomimg. 

Hopefully that'll change when I get to Ibrox tonight 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Unfortunately you can't allow for bad luck in scouting.

OK with players like Roofe and probably Souttar you know you're taking somewhat of a gamble but Helander has been fairly unlucky in his time here which is a shame as, like you acknowledge, he's a fine defender when fully fit.

... and all three bad injuries, as far as I remember, cam from bad tackles by opposition players, not some twisted ankle or turning over in training. His only turning 29 later this month, so hopefully a few good years ahead for him.

Will be off working tonight, German championship icehockey play-offs have started, so just updates for me. That said, we "slaughtered"  Red Star in similar circumstances.

You just hope we start with Ramsey, Roofe and Sakala, it will most likely be Kent too. He needs to show his qualities tonight, should have space to run into. I reckon Lundstram will start as well, you wonder whether it will be Kamara, Arfield or Aribo next to him.

Very much in the mood for tonight's game and a long weekend.

My starting XI below but the manager may try to find a place for Barisic who has looked a bit sharper of late. Plenty options in terms of system from a 3-5-2 to a 4-2-3-1. Expecting an open game and goals! Extra time too?

FQS-kksXoAAySsT?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Very much in the mood for tonight's game and a long weekend.

My starting XI below but the manager may try to find a place for Barisic who has looked a bit sharper of late. Plenty options in terms of system from a 3-5-2 to a 4-2-3-1. Expecting an open game and goals! Extra time too?

FQS-kksXoAAySsT?format=jpg&name=small

I think that side probably chooses itself.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think that side probably chooses itself.

A lot of people preferring Davis to Lundstram and Kamara to Aribo on social media.

All four players capable of doing the business but balance of side has to err towards to attacking given we need to score at least once tonight.