SPFL Clubs Vote To Approve Introduction Of VAR

I see no word of how much this will cost to implement and administer .... or where the money is coming from.

At one time there was talk of Rangers and Celtic bearing the lion's share of the cost. I hope this isn't the case and that every club that voted for it will contribute, premier league or not.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

I see no word of how much this will cost to implement and administer .... or where the money is coming from.

At one time there was talk of Rangers and Celtic bearing the lion's share of the cost. I hope this isn't the case and that every club that voted for it will contribute, premier league or not.

Thats pretty much how its gone... the premiership clubs will split the cost based on league position.  Presumably this will be netted off against existing prize money as there is no new funding for it.

League Position Cost
1st £195,000 (16.29%)
2nd £140,000 (11.67%)
3rd £120,000 (10.03%)
4th £106,000 (8.81%)
5th £99,000 (8.21%)
6th £91,000 (7.61%)
7th £84,000 (6.97%)
8th £80,000 (6.69%)
9th £77,000 (6.38%)
10th £73,000 (6.08%)
11th £67,000 (5.63%)
12th £67,000 (5.63%)
Edited by stewarty

The rest of the Scottish clubs twist every penny twice before spending it, and grab as much as quickly as they can. As we saw with "that vote". The business plan of the SPFL is an utter shambles and has been for years, so they will hope that the OF will pay most of the VAR ... and truth be told, we will be more than willing to have it implemented sooner rather than later, given the rather lenient way the referees and linesmen go about their business with them.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

split the bill equally 

If you go to the games, get ready for the end of spontaneous goal celebrations and welcome to the nervous wait, often for several minutes while you find out what is going on. Fans at home get more info, but those at the game only see an electronic sign denoting the dreaded VAR CHECK!! 

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

If you go to the games, get ready for the end of spontaneous goal celebrations and welcome to the nervous wait, often for several minutes while you find out what is going on. Fans at home get more info, but those at the game only see an electronic sign denoting the dreaded VAR CHECK!! 

Don't even get that from my seat due to positioning of screens.