Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

I've seen a few a bit annoyed by this but in Scotland, a player gets to visit Fir Park, Tannadice and Easter Road (as well as the fantastic surfaces at Livingston and Kilmarnock), whereas in Germany, every stadium is a belter and it's a much better quality of football.

We're in a shit league.  If I was a foreigner, the only thing that would entice me here is money and I think Union will be able to offer him more than Rangers.

28 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Makes me wonder if we were actually interested. Union Berlin are a club punching above their weight right now iirc.

They finished fifth, a point off Champion's League qualification, so I could see the attraction for players. Berlin's probably the biggest city in Europe to consistently underperform in European football. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've seen a few a bit annoyed by this but in Scotland, a player gets to visit Fir Park, Tannadice and Easter Road (as well as the fantastic surfaces at Livingston and Kilmarnock), whereas in Germany, every stadium is a belter and it's a much better quality of football.

We're in a shit league.  If I was a foreigner, the only thing that would entice me here is money and I think Union will be able to offer him more than Rangers.

I totally agree, the severe drop off in facility, and competition level from the top two is profound in Scotland. 

Some of the Scottish PREMIER League parks are down right horrid.

Without a doubt, worse than anything you will find in Bundesliga 1, or 2.

Additionally, for players, it's  kinda hard to get pumped up on the idea of facing the mighty Ross County, away, in December.

Playing in sideways sleet, with winds so strong they turn your balloon knot into a whistle.

When you could be in Germany playing Dortmund, B Munich, RBL, Leverkusen, at first rate facilities.

If I was a young guy?

Yeah...HARD pass.

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ain't that the truth! Get's even worse when you consider Fir Park & Tannadice are hosting Euro football next season. Both teams lost more games than they won, in the case of the former with a massive -19 goal difference. Oh, and the club that finished 7th gained more points than both of them with a superior goal difference as well! Is this even possible in any other European League? I'm sure whoever they draw will savour a real Scottish atmosphere. Which would you choose? Scalded by hot drinks thrown from the crowd or watch the match ball magically disappear at every opposition throw in? What an absolute joke the Scottish game is.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

What an absolute joke the Scottish game is.

Football in Scotland is just a reflection of the people who run the game. It could be so much better than it is.

Doekhi has indeed signed for Union. BL draw probably the main part, with a better chance to attract a move to a top BL team. BTW, Union is well coached and staffed, hence they always stayed top after promotion a few years back. Ahead of "bigger teams" who even managed to drop down a division ...