Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

This seems to be gathering some momentum and might be a possibility. 

Gilmour enters the final year of his contract so a years loan would make sense with a pre-contract thrown in? 

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/transfer-talk-billy-gilmour-chelsea-norwich-rangers-2022051709411431887/

I'd love that if it can happen. 

Transitions, and new days. 

I love transfer season!

This current version of the squad has run its course, and has been fairly successful.

I look forward to Gio's version of Rangers.

I hope the team unearth some real gems as they hopefully move many on.

Where would Gilmour play?

We're stacked in central midfield.

If we could get him permanently, sure, but he'll be in demand, so that's unlikely, for me.

This just sounds like the Ramsey move. 

I really don't understand this attraction to Gilmour. You want to bring in an untested teenager, brushing aside our best players and assets to fit him in? Not for me. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You want to bring in an untested teenager, brushing aside our best players and assets to fit him in?

He's been playing in the EPL all season.

He's a good midfielder and Davis is getting on and Kamara and Aribo will likely be sold.

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Where would Gilmour play?

We're stacked in central midfield.

If we could get him permanently, sure, but he'll be in demand, so that's unlikely, for me.

This just sounds like the Ramsey move. 

I really don't understand this attraction to Gilmour. You want to bring in an untested teenager, brushing aside our best players and assets to fit him in? Not for me. 

He's hardly untested though. He's looked like one of the best players on the park in the internationals I've seen him play for example?

We are stacked in central midfield but I'm hoping for a bit of a clearout and a fresh approach. I don't know how you can compare him to Ramsey which was one of those gambles which would either turn out brilliantly or be a massive waste of time and money.

I'm skeptical about the Gilmour thing happening, but if it does, he's someone you could build your midfield around for years to come.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He's been playing in the EPL all season.

He's a good midfielder and Davis is getting on and Kamara and Aribo will likely be sold.

He's spent a third of the time on the bench.

For Norwich. 

Even if he is better than Kamara/Davis/Lundstram/Aribo, which I doubt, I wouldn't bring in someone else's youngster for a season.

That's a horrible move. 

If it's a permanent move, I'm all for it. But, that's highly unlikely.

I did think the Ramsey move was a silly rumour, though... 

2 minutes ago, ascender said:

He's hardly untested though. He's looked like one of the best players on the park in the internationals I've seen him play for example?

We are stacked in central midfield but I'm hoping for a bit of a clearout and a fresh approach. I don't know how you can compare him to Ramsey which was one of those gambles which would either turn out brilliantly or be a massive waste of time and money.

I'm skeptical about the Gilmour thing happening, but if it does, he's someone you could build your midfield around for years to come.

I'm in complete agreement with your last point, but we're not getting him permanently. 

He's a terrific talent. He'll be a star in years to come. 

However, right this moment, I'm not sure he's that much better than what we have.

And even then, why would we bring in a loan for a season? 

I don't get it.

I'm also wary of bringing in a loan player unless we also get a buy clause for a reasonable amount (which we wont get with Gilmour). If we dont manage to buy the players we have targetted, then a loan deal at the close of the window may make sense to plug any gaps we have. 

Apologies... I'd only be suggesting that if we had a loan with an option to buy. I couldn't see it happening otherwise - he's also entering the last year of his contract so maybe that would be a more realistic option at the moment, I don't know.