Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bear said:

I'm also wary of bringing in a loan player unless we also get a buy clause for a reasonable amount (which we wont get with Gilmour). If we dont manage to buy the players we have targetted, then a loan deal at the close of the window may make sense to plug any gaps we have. 

Gilmour is entering the last year of his contract - so a 1 year loan would be ideal and would see him able to sign a pre-contract in January 2023. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

If loans can help us win trophies, I have no problem with them at all.

I hate mentioning Celtic, but they have used the loan market very successfully over last 5 or 6 years.

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

Gilmour is entering the last year of his contract - so a 1 year loan would be ideal and would see him able to sign a pre-contract in January 2023. 

In which case he will want to play this year as much as possible. We could probably give him that but I'm sure other English teams would be keen to have him. If it were down to him as to where he goes next season, I wonder if he would prefer potential glory with us or more money with an English side.

14 hours ago, CammyF said:

What do you think Chelsea would part with him for? Fee?

Cause I am thinking, young, high top end potential--15M?

We got that kinda scratch layin around? 

For a CM, a position which we are stacked at? 

Just wondering. 

7 hours ago, Malangsob said:

What do you think Chelsea would part with him for? Fee?

Cause I am thinking, young, high top end potential--15M?

We got that kinda scratch layin around? 

For a CM, a position which we are stacked at? 

Just wondering. 

Do you actually read posts or the article I attached? Next season is the last of Gilmours current contract so he can sign a pre-contract in Jan 2023. 

He is available in loan next season as not part of Chelsea' s plans going forward unless the manager changes. 

So in theory he can sign 1 year loan in summer than is free to sign a pre contract in January. 

So where is the need to pay £15M for him? 

Hopefully our DoF is doing his job & monitoring the Billy Gilmour situation.

He’s out of contract next summer & isn’t going to cut it at Chelsea so needs to move on. 
With Steven Davis likely to be leaving we should at least be looking at a loan deal for the time being anyway

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Do you actually read posts or the article I attached? Next season is the last of Gilmours current contract so he can sign a pre-contract in Jan 2023. 

He is available in loan next season as not part of Chelsea' s plans going forward unless the manager changes. 

So in theory he can sign 1 year loan in summer than is free to sign a pre contract in January. 

So where is the need to pay £15M for him? 

I'd have thought Chelsea will either extend his contract or look to move him on this summer.

Gilmour really needs to be playing regular first team football, so he might be happy to move on, if he can find the right club. 15M, not sure, but he wouldn't come cheap. 

If he were to go on loan, then yes, would be an excellent signing.

While Arfield has extended his contract and rightly so, Davis will be for the off. Kamara and Aribo have their suitors, no-one knows what will happen with Jack. Lowry is a  bright light, McCann possibly too. Sands can step into DM, yet the addition of a quality man like Gilmour would sure be another step in the right direction. Mind you, getting Ramsey for a reasonable loan-fee even as a bit-part player would be a step up - IF Gio actually decides to play him more often when fit.

I would assume that after his EL-run, Morelos will draw attention from near and far as well. Loosing him - aside from getting a suitable replacement(s) - might eventually turn us away from that dire one-striker-system against Scottish brickwall-brigade.

Wonder whether Gerrard will eventually make a push for Kent and/or Aribo this summer.