Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Even if they aren't guaranteed a game? He's spent most of this season on the bench for one of the worst EPL teams in history. Can't see him walking into any EPL team at the moment. 

1 year playing European football, challenging for league and cups will may see him get a better choice of clubs.

Not quite the same level.... but this is exactly what Jamie Barjonas did when he went to Kelty.  Rangers were releasing him, he is far too good for the 4th tier of Scottish football - but he knew that KT played the game the right way, wanted Barjo to be pivotal in that, could prove himself in the 4th, then 3rd tier - and work his way to a bigger move.

In Gilmour's case he would be coming to European finalists and with a point to prove - and will know that if he does that on the European stage then he will have eyes on him again.

27 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Can't see him walking into any EPL team at the moment. 

I can see him getting into a side that looks to play good football.  It's just guesswork at the moment though.

If Southampton offer him £35k a week and we offer him £25k, I doubt he'd be returning to Scotland.  

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can see him getting into a side that looks to play good football.  It's just guesswork at the moment though.

If Southampton offer him £35k a week and we offer him £25k, I doubt he'd be returning to Scotland.  

As much as 10k a week is a huge amount to us, at those levels for a footballer it isnt that much of a difference.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Again, did you read the article? It has been suggested the Gilmour has been told by Chelsea he is not in their plans going forward. If he was, contract discussion would have taken place.

Yes, I did, twice now. 

It's all innuendo and speculation like most of these. 

Tuchel, nor any upper management at Chelsea is quoted. 

When we see little Billy show up for his once over in Glasgow...then will be the time.

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

If Chelsea do offer a contract to Gilmour to protect their asset, he doesn't need to sign it, he is nowhere near Chelsea' s 1st team squad, possibly told he is not in their plans, why sign an extension? 

For the same reason many players do, the HOPE that with a few drops in form, perhaps an injury...perhaps a manager change, and you are in the squad.

This kid is 20...

Who is going to pay £15M or upwards for a player in the last year of their contract? 

A player who just signed an extension...which is a lot more likely than Billy signing back for the club he rejected in 2018.

If not any of them, then he's taking a step down. 

Yes, and no.

Overall squad quality at say a New Castle, Everton, Southampton, for example is actually not great.

However, with that drop in quality come the opportunities to show your skillsets against the highest levels in world football.

If you're truly hungry, you wanna scrap with the big boys.

Further, you don't require European football in those 'proving stages', as you already face six clubs who qualified.

Outside of the Eastside Mhob, you're not gonna get a lot of that in the SPL.

Last word is yours sir. 

If Gilmour was truly wanted at Chelsea he would have been offered a new contract. He is far removed from being a regular at Chelsea, being loaned out to one of the worst EPL teams in history showed that. 

Him failing to become a regular at Norwich will have put him further away from becoming a regular starter at Chelsea or most other EPL teams not closer to being a regular. 

Gilmour may or may not come to us on loan, but I'll be surprised if is not loaned out next season or if hes a Chelsea player the season after that. 

Oh and if he does move on a permanent deal in this window it'll be for less than £15M. 

Gilmour is a great prospect, but that's all he is at the moment, a prospect. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

:roflmao: Yes but apart from that!

Striker (even a played-out-of-position one) scores goal = job done.

Who'd a thunk it ?  I genuinely give up sometimes.