Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

37 minutes ago, craig said:

Who'd a thunk it ?  I genuinely give up sometimes.

So do I with something that is visible by even the most blind horse out there. By that "yet he scored a goal" line of thinking, Garner, Waghorn and some others would all be deemed fine strikers ... though I would assume that some one here will still tell us to this day that they were never Rangers quality. I actually explained a few times why Aribo was not suited to that role and hardly impressed there. I would have to do some research on these pages, but I do assume you and some of your "likers" had a go at Itten for not doing enough (yet scoring quite a few goals). Yet, I spare me that, since your replies essentially are just a little bout of trolling again. If that makes your day, fair enough.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

So do I with something that is visible by even the most blind horse out there. By that "yet he scored a goal" line of thinking, Garner, Waghorn and some others would all be deemed fine strikers ... though I would assume that some one here will still tell us to this day that they were never Rangers quality. I actually explained a few times why Aribo was not suited to that role and hardly impressed there. I would have to do some research on these pages, but I do assume you and some of your "likers" had a go at Itten for not doing enough (yet scoring quite a few goals). Yet, I spare me that, since your replies essentially are just a little bout of trolling again. If that makes your day, fair enough.

If you want "visible by the most blind horse" here you go :

1.  Aribo isnt a striker

2.  Garner, Waghorn are strikers

3.  Garner, Waghorn, even as strikers, havent played in a European final and never will.

4.  I liked Waghorn but, yes, neither her nor Garner are Rangers standard

5.  Aribo played the exact way he was asked to play last week.

6.  We deliberately played a false 9, ergo we played without a striker, just as Man City have done this season

7.  Aribo still scored on Wednesday night despite not being a striker

8.  Aribo also went close in the first half with a curled effort just past the post, despite not being a striker

9.  Aribo had more proper chances than any of his team-mates, despite not being a striker

10.  Aribo wasn't being asked to chase around the Frankfurt defence, that job was clearly being requested of Wright and Kent to drop in and help the midfield 3

11.  Aribo's job was to receive the ball, hold it up, bring others into the game, given we didnt have a recognised striker

12.  If you have an issue with "10" above then it should be with Gio, not Aribo.  He did the job he was asked to do, scored our only goal, and had more attempts at goal than his team mates.  I would contend that he actually did the job he was asked to do.

13.  I am not trolling.  Just because you disagree with what I say or dislike what I say, doesnt make it trolling.

14.  All of the points I make above, IMHO, clearly explain why I am not trolling, as I say at 13 above.

15.  Aribo in the last couple of weeks has carried out that role well, he has grown into it.

16.  You can say Aribo didn't suit that role or "hardly impressed" there all you like - who else was going to play in that position in the final ?  A completely unfit Roofe ?  An unfit Ramsey ?  A fit Sakala who Gio seems to prefer coming off the bench when opponents are tired and can be stretched ?

17.  What were you actually expecting him to do in that heat ?  Were you expecting him to be chasing all across the back line or chasing down the keeper all night ?

18.  Given we won the SC, were robbed (or robbed ourselves of the league), and made the Europa League final...... I would say that it is just as well that we have Gio in charge and not you... or indeed me.

19.  Some of my "likers" - dB, I am not here for likes, that isnt my style.  If people happen to agree with what I say so be it.  Likewise if they disagree.  Does it mean I (and they by extension) are right ?  No, not necessarily.  Does it mean I (and they by extension) are wrong ?  No, not necessarily.  I even like plenty of your posts :D

To finish, I WILL partially troll...... the only surprise in your posts here is that you haven't, from what I can tell, gone after your preferred whipping boy of Ryan Kent yet.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You need to be careful with your use of this term.

You may end up regretting it.

I'm sure I'll be fine, but thanks for your concern mate, appreciated.

1 hour ago, craig said:

To finish, I WILL partially troll...... the only surprise in your posts here is that you haven't, from what I can tell, gone after your preferred whipping boy of Ryan Kent yet.

Truth be told, I didn't read the whole post ... no disrespect, just lack of time.

Kent is fine, as long as we use him as the winger he is. Use him as a "striker" and he will do exactly like the winger he is: score too few goals. Exactly like he does now. But since he will be termed "left-sided-attacker", all the focus of the people will be of the fabulous amount of assists (including all the penalties he won in Europe) and the 3 goals he scored. 46 games (3,800 mins), 3 goals, 20 assists. Terrific stats for a winger. As I stated the other day in the EL game and cup final: if Sakala would lose, over-play, over-trick and miss-hit only a quarter of the attempts as Kent did and does, he`d be drawn and quartered. We use Sakala as left- or right-sided attacker in 50 games (2,200 mins) and he`s ended up with 12 goals and 7 assists. Imagine Sakala (the striker turned attacker) gets 1,000 mins more and Kent just shifts back a little to a left winger slot. Far too inventive a thought against packed Scottish defenses, against whom Kent`s inability to hit the target has been a problem for years. I know, you know, and we have talked about it before. But on the field of play, we toil on in Scotland.

47 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Truth be told, I didn't read the whole post ... no disrespect, just lack of time.

Kent is fine, as long as we use him as the winger he is. Use him as a "striker" and he will do exactly like the winger he is: score too few goals. Exactly like he does now. But since he will be termed "left-sided-attacker", all the focus of the people will be of the fabulous amount of assists (including all the penalties he won in Europe) and the 3 goals he scored. 46 games (3,800 mins), 3 goals, 20 assists. Terrific stats for a winger. As I stated the other day in the EL game and cup final: if Sakala would lose, over-play, over-trick and miss-hit only a quarter of the attempts as Kent did and does, he`d be drawn and quartered. We use Sakala as left- or right-sided attacker in 50 games (2,200 mins) and he`s ended up with 12 goals and 7 assists. Imagine Sakala (the striker turned attacker) gets 1,000 mins more and Kent just shifts back a little to a left winger slot. Far too inventive a thought against packed Scottish defenses, against whom Kent`s inability to hit the target has been a problem for years. I know, you know, and we have talked about it before. But on the field of play, we toil on in Scotland.

No disrespect or offence taken.  I just wanted it to be fully, clearly stated, in unambiguous terms, as to why I disagree with you about the role Aribo played last week.  I have no issue if you dont have time, or even dont have the desire to read it :thup:

Kent has NEVER in his time at Rangers been deployed as a striker.  Never.  So I am not sure why that is even being brought into the debate.  Who has called him a "left sided attacker" ??  I honestly have never seen that description of him.  He is a winger, never been any different.  A winger who likes to come in off the flank much the same way as Bayern have used Ribery and Robben over the years (though obviously not the same quality).  But I honestly have never seen him described as a "striker" nor a "left sided attacker".

Sakala has played much more game time through the middle than Kent has - quite simply because Kent hasnt ever played through the middle for us, at least from my recollection.

You will need to educate me - how is Sakala coming in going to push Kent back a little to left winger ?  That is where Kent plays anyway - and if Sakala comes in to this team then he comes in as either a replacement for Kent at LW, as a RW for Wright, or as a replacement for Morelos/Roofe.  In each of those instances it doesnt change one thing about where Kent plays (other than replacing him obviously).  Genuine question, how are you making that happen when Kent is already playing as a left winger ?  Your thought isnt inventive, from what I can tell - all it is doing is bringing Sakala in as a striker and keeping Kent as a winger 🤷‍♂️  

You are absolutely correct.  We DO toil in Scotland, but not because of Kent.  Kent gets double teamed every game he plays.  We have toiled because we havent had anyone of impact on the right hand side (since Candeias), so our opponents can double team Kent and ignore the right hand side (though I suspect if Wright continues his improvement that changes next season).  We also need more goals from the midfield areas - we aren't getting enough goals from the central midfield area.

Would be great to get more goals from Kent.  Reality is if we did he wouldnt be with us.  But, and I said this elsewhere recently, Kent brings us so much more than goals and assists (his assists total is very healthy) - almost every team we play are so scared of his pace and directness that they double team him.  Which opens space for others elsewhere - what our management team need to do, is find a solution as to how we then exploit those spaces elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, craig said:

No disrespect or offence taken.  I just wanted it to be fully, clearly stated, in unambiguous terms, as to why I disagree with you about the role Aribo played last week.  I have no issue if you dont have time, or even dont have the desire to read it :thup:

Kent has NEVER in his time at Rangers been deployed as a striker.  Never.  So I am not sure why that is even being brought into the debate.  Who has called him a "left sided attacker" ??  I honestly have never seen that description of him.  He is a winger, never been any different.  A winger who likes to come in off the flank much the same way as Bayern have used Ribery and Robben over the years (though obviously not the same quality).  But I honestly have never seen him described as a "striker" nor a "left sided attacker".

Sakala has played much more game time through the middle than Kent has - quite simply because Kent hasnt ever played through the middle for us, at least from my recollection.

You will need to educate me - how is Sakala coming in going to push Kent back a little to left winger ?  That is where Kent plays anyway - and if Sakala comes in to this team then he comes in as either a replacement for Kent at LW, as a RW for Wright, or as a replacement for Morelos/Roofe.  In each of those instances it doesnt change one thing about where Kent plays (other than replacing him obviously).  Genuine question, how are you making that happen when Kent is already playing as a left winger ?  Your thought isnt inventive, from what I can tell - all it is doing is bringing Sakala in as a striker and keeping Kent as a winger 🤷‍♂️  

You are absolutely correct.  We DO toil in Scotland, but not because of Kent.  Kent gets double teamed every game he plays.  We have toiled because we havent had anyone of impact on the right hand side (since Candeias), so our opponents can double team Kent and ignore the right hand side (though I suspect if Wright continues his improvement that changes next season).  We also need more goals from the midfield areas - we aren't getting enough goals from the central midfield area.

Would be great to get more goals from Kent.  Reality is if we did he wouldnt be with us.  But, and I said this elsewhere recently, Kent brings us so much more than goals and assists (his assists total is very healthy) - almost every team we play are so scared of his pace and directness that they double team him.  Which opens space for others elsewhere - what our management team need to do, is find a solution as to how we then exploit those spaces elsewhere.

Kent's work rate is phenomenal and you are correct regarding him being doubled up on. Since his arrival he's be identified as a threat and dealt with as such. 

In the "55" season, we had the luxury of SG deploying Tav as almost a "right winger", and maybe a reason as to why Tav's stats are so impressive. 

I'd have Kent in my team every week as he'll give you 100% and even when it's not happening for him, he keeps at it. 

I like Scott Wright due to his attitude. He came to Rangers from Aberdeen and has adapted and developed into a Rangers player. His displays at the end of the season as testament to that. 

Sakala is a strange one - hard not to like him, plays with a smile on his face, at times looks a talent, at times looks like he's never seen a ball before. However, that's us to the coaching staff to develop him.

We have missed Alfie and Hagi this season, Alfie for his goals and bullying defenders and Hagi as he brings something different, scores from outside 18 yards and excels in Europe. 

Alfie is our main striker, absolutely unplayable on his day. Roofe offers a different threat but is hampered by his injuries. 

Simply can't sell Alfie until we have a replacement signed and bedded into team.