Rangers looking at midfielder Sissako (Waregem) and Aberdeen youngster Pollard

37 minutes ago, craig said:

Adding to this.  Bassey is absolutely captain material IMHO.  What a unit, what a player, what a genuinely humble person.  I would be building my team around him, Lundstram (yes, I know he is 28 but he gets it and is quality), Lowry & Morelos (who actually looks like he is loving life at Rangers just now)

Keeps his head under provocation when he could mollocate the provocateur with one blow from his little finger. 

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

From what I see, he's only played against Liverpool once, in the FA Cup, against their second string... :ninja: 

He was phenomenal against Man City and Arsenal, if I recall correctly? But it was only a couple of games, through necessity. 

I know he's a good player - you don't need to sell him. 

I just don't want him on loan. 

I would take him on a permanent, though.

Apologies, you are right, it was Everton in the league where he got MOTM.  Fabinho is "second string" for Liverpool ?

If we lose Davis and Kamara we need replacements.  Gilmour knows the Scottish game and, IMHO, would be a very good replacement for Davis, even on a loan - who else would go into that team that we have on a permanent contract ?  Loans can work out.  Gilmour would have something to prove and would be raring to do it.

Hopefully we get to see what Ofo.... not going to try spelling the rest as I always get it wrong.... can do too.

3 hours ago, craig said:

You mean going a full season without losing a game in the league ?  You mean reaching the Europa League final ?  Those results ?  Those facts ?

Our one season in ... now 4 attempts. Our European exploits are second to none. Our domestic exploits leave a lot to be desired, not least when much of our shortcomings result from using a less than optimal line-ups and not exactly in-form players time and again without little or no adjustments. MW`s tactics were sussed out be the Scottish brickwall teams after about half a season. SG used effectively the same tactics, better but far too often the same players, changed little and thus made it easy for these teams to block us out. You may see it totally different, but the results  and performances in Scotland speak their own language, as do the facts. 

As for Aribo, I remain utterly unconvinced of him in that lone striker role. He didn`t provide much of an outlet, didn`t really press the opposition or set up chances for others. 

For what it's worth, here are some snippets I heard today - not from in the know, but someone who does get info now and again - take it how you will. Maybe true, maybe a pile of dog doo ;

Alfredo close to signing a 3 year extension. 

Kent and Aribo have been offered new 4 year deals. Kent and his partner have just purchased a new house in Milingavie area. 

Discussions to commence with Bassey on extending his current contract. 

We are interested in bringing Billy Gilmour on loan and discussions have commenced as Gio wants business done early. 

Edited by CammyF

5 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Time will tell, but...he ain't coming here.

He left us, because WE were not big enough for HIM.

That is why he is in the EPL.

He is 20...dreams do not die at 20.

Twenty year old players, at teams like Chelsea, come to Rangers when they are injury prone, or unfit for purpose.

He is young, he has a lot of potential, Chelsea know that.

Smart teams with deep pockets don't give up on youngsters that quick, unless for the afore.

They also know he is playing at a dogshit side in Norwich who are on their second manager of the season.

This cannot be attributed to Gilmour...Chelsea know this...smart teams know this.

So,  I FULLY expect wee little Gilmour to sign an extension, and this fantasy, once again can fade into the background.

So, unless we are ready to throw some serious cash at this little man...15...20...25M?

waynes world dreaming GIF

It's all just a dream...

Again, did you read the article? It has been suggested the Gilmour has been told by Chelsea he is not in their plans going forward. If he was, contract discussion would have taken place.

If Chelsea do offer a contract to Gilmour to protect their asset, he doesn't need to sign it, he is nowhere near Chelsea' s 1st team squad, possibly told he is not in their plans, why sign an extension? 

Who is going to pay £15M or upwards for a player in the last year of their contract? 

If Billy is ambitious and wants to play for a "big team", who realistically buys him? Man City? Liverpool? Arsenal? Spurs? Man U? If not any of them, then he's taking a step down. 

He may or may not come to Rangers, but Rangers is a far better option for Gilmour and Chelsea than Leeds, Southampton or the likes. 

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Footballers will go where the money is.  If Southampton (for example) offer him the most money, that's where he'll go.

Even if they aren't guaranteed a game? He's spent most of this season on the bench for one of the worst EPL teams in history. Can't see him walking into any EPL team at the moment. 

1 year playing European football, challenging for league and cups will may see him get a better choice of clubs.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Our one season in ... now 4 attempts. Our European exploits are second to none. Our domestic exploits leave a lot to be desired, not least when much of our shortcomings result from using a less than optimal line-ups and not exactly in-form players time and again without little or no adjustments. MW`s tactics were sussed out be the Scottish brickwall teams after about half a season. SG used effectively the same tactics, better but far too often the same players, changed little and thus made it easy for these teams to block us out. You may see it totally different, but the results  and performances in Scotland speak their own language, as do the facts. 

As for Aribo, I remain utterly unconvinced of him in that lone striker role. He didn`t provide much of an outlet, didn`t really press the opposition or set up chances for others. 

Yet scored.

46 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Again, did you read the article? It has been suggested the Gilmour has been told by Chelsea he is not in their plans going forward. If he was, contract discussion would have taken place.

If Chelsea do offer a contract to Gilmour to protect their asset, he doesn't need to sign it, he is nowhere near Chelsea' s 1st team squad, possibly told he is not in their plans, why sign an extension? 

Who is going to pay £15M or upwards for a player in the last year of their contract? 

If Billy is ambitious and wants to play for a "big team", who realistically buys him? Man City? Liverpool? Arsenal? Spurs? Man U? If not any of them, then he's taking a step down. 

He may or may not come to Rangers, but Rangers is a far better option for Gilmour and Chelsea than Leeds, Southampton or the likes. 

I would like to think our Europa run and Billy himself considering Rangers as "unfinished business" would convince him to come to us.