[FT] RB Leipzig 1 - 0 Rangers

Just now, weebluedevil said:

Assuming we can contain them for 85mins. I don’t think that plays to our strength, I’d rather see us press high and put pressure on them from the off and try to get an early goal. 

Sorta agree, but lets not go all out then find ourselves further behind early either. 6 and 1/2 really.

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

they didn't look any better than Braga we will do them. 

I think they struggled (a wee bit) with our low block and, much like us, prefer to have a more open game and hit on the counter/transition.

In that sense, Ibrox may actually suit them more but I also like to think we can cause their defence more problems too and they didn't look entirely convincing at times last night on the odd occasion we got forward.

It's certainly a bit of a tactical conundrum for GvB.

If we go at them, I can see there being a few goals scored.  My worry is they have better quality forwards (albeit they didn't really show it last night).

We, as a support, have a part to play too.  Get behind the team and sing our hearts out!

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

PS what is it with German managers these days? is it a football match or a fashion show. He certainly looked like he had a few tricks up his sleeve. Or his half time job was delivering milk tray.

Domenico Tedesco ... born in Rossano / Italy and looks every inch an Italian (despite living much of his life in Germany).

Their main strikers were out, that French guy is super-talented, but not a real striker. We played a low block and only came out after the break. Make no mistake, when these guys have room to play in, they can rip most teams apart (won 4-1 away in Dortmund and 2-0 in  Bergamo recently). I reckon we will play Sakala, Arfield and maybe Roofe from the start and hopefully hit them early on and don`t try to play triangles close to our area. Their defence isn`t that good and can be hit with pace, but we do need someone in the middle. Wonder when Ramsey will be back.