[FT] RB Leipzig 1 - 0 Rangers

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I think that the formation will be the 4-2-3-1 that we've had success with recently.

He won't pick Balogun just because he's missing on Sunday. I think Gio doesn't have as much faith in Balogun as others and his sending off perhaps sealed that so I think it'll be Bassey and Barisic again.

Lundstrum and Jack will be sitting, which means no place for Davis unfortunately.

I think Sakala starts up front as there isn't any other option and I don't think he's going to experiment on false 9s or other out of the box tactics as it's too big a game to go with something untested.

Kent and Aribo pick themselves so it just remains a choice between Arfield and Wright, and he could go eihter way but I think he'll ultimately go with Arfield.

I agree it would be a gamble to change tactics mate but a false nine isn't untested, we used it on Sunday for the second half and it worked pretty well so the manager will be tempted.  Meanwhile, Sakala on his own up front didn't really work well enough in Braga so that's not a given either.

It's just a positive we still have options and I just hope we pick the right combination of players and the correct system.

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That 2008 run was remarkable, but it was brutal to watch; terrible football. 

I feel like our current side can almost go toe-to-toe with opponents, within reason. 

The game in Dortmund and the home ties against Dortmund, Crvena Zvezda and Braga were all terrific to watch.  

The 2008 run had some great moments but no great matches.

I'd play Sakala this evening.  I just think he's a bit unpredictable and that could work in our favour.

RB Leipzig is a work's team, right?

It is incumbent upon the players to ensure that we do not wake up to headlines, tomorrow, crowing gleefully, 

"Plumber, and Maintenance Fitter Dash 'Gers Euro dream",

" Canteen Chef Cooks Rangers' Goose", 

and so forth.

49 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

RB Leipzig is a work's team, right?

It is incumbent upon the players to ensure that we do not wake up to headlines, tomorrow, crowing gleefully, 

"Plumber, and Maintenance Fitter Dash 'Gers Euro dream",

" Canteen Chef Cooks Rangers' Goose", 

and so forth.

Yeah but Red Bull gives you wings though...