[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 18; Kamara 24; Lundstram 81) - 1 RB Leipzig

In my 40 years of following Rangers, I'd have to say the Thursday night's game is the most important / high profile game (at Ibrox) I can remember. 

I was too young for Barca 72 and 2008 semi-final we had the 1st leg at home. 

I'm sure others will remember more "important" games, but I'm relishing Thursday and the prospect of Rangers getting to the EL Final.  

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The closest thing I can remember to a situation like this would be CSKA Moscow in 93. At the start of the night we had the chance to reach a European final. Granted, it was out of our control in the end. 

That was a hard night to be a spectator - so close yet so far. However, my abiding recollection of that night will always be after the final whistle when they received one of the best ovations any Rangers team in my lifetime and certainly the best at a moment of failure. It was incredibly uplifting, seared into the memory forever.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

That was a hard night to be a spectator - so close yet so far. However, my abiding recollection of that night will always be after the final whistle when they received one of the best ovations any Rangers team in my lifetime and certainly the best at a moment of failure. It was incredibly uplifting, seared into the memory forever.

Agree 100% Bill. It was veritable cocktail of emotions that evening. Probably the closest any Rangers team will get to a CL final.

13 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agree 100% Bill. It was veritable cocktail of emotions that evening. Probably the closest any Rangers team will get to a CL final.

I was hosting a Club Deck hospitality bash that night and most of them weren't Rangers fans. I remember them saying they expected a negative reaction to the result and couldn't believe what they witnessed. I admit to being fairly gutted myself. As you say, it's not a door we get to knock on very often.

Biggest game at Ibrox perhaps ever.

Football has changed so much that getting to the final is something beyond what anyone else has achieved except previous Eurpean trophy winners and thats only 4 teams. 

Winning it would be the greatest achievement ever in sottish football.