[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 18; Kamara 24; Lundstram 81) - 1 RB Leipzig

8 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Amazing the confidence coming from the gers support regarding this one. Even me who is a negative nancy fancies us to do it. 

Why shouldn't we be confident? We've beaten some top class teams to get here and we deserve our chance. It's 90 minutes at home with a achievable deficit. The confidence is based on the evidence of what we've seen this season in Europe as well as as what we've built over the last 3/4 years. It's measured and quantifiable confidence as opposed to over confidence IMO.

FLHAD have encouraged fans to get to their seats early and advised pre-match music will be turned off, so fans can create our own noise.

I'm hoping post-goal music and that daft post-match I'm Feeling It are also turned off (wishful thinking, probably).

Sing loud and proud.  

Edited by Gonzo79

24 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The word on the street or Edmiston Drive is that Roofe will make it tonight. Unconfirmed as yet...

Really hoping this is true. You have to think that even if he's not quite fully fit, playing him is a gamble worth taking given what's at stake.

5 minutes ago, ascender said:

Really hoping this is true. You have to think that even if he's not quite fully fit, playing him is a gamble worth taking given what's at stake.

Roofe is a fighter and suits games that are tight with little breathing space. Even to get 60/70 minutes from him would ne great. Sakala and Wright (to a lesser degree) are better later in games when the play is more stretched IMO as evidenced on Sunday at Parkhead.

For some strange reason, Fate would have it, that my favourite (and local) ice-hockey team squared up to the Red Bull ice-hockey incarnation in Germany in the final round of the play-offs for the title. So I got my over-dose of Red Bull these last 6 days, with that one game in Leipzig and four over here. As it happens, with three wins needed in a "Best of 5" series, the Eisbären Berlin clawed their way back from an initial home defeat in the first match, to make last night`s game the decisive one of the series. The chaps in white are the "good ones" and here`s how it went. I just hope, the lads in Blue follow suit today!

17 hours ago, CammyF said:

Decent article and sounds like a very grounded fellow - Leipzigs Tyler Adams whilst he was at NY Red Bulls. Has Rangers content. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/articles/tyler-adams-mls-new-york-red-bulls

Thats an excellent read Cammy - what a fine young man he seems to be.  Just hope hes gutted come 10pm this evening

3 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Apologies. Doing it on a phone. Anyhoo, Madame Secretary, whit about the line up? 

With everyone fit, barring Morelos, your team basically picks itself IMO.  The only question, for me, would be whether we go with Jack or Davis - and Jack still probably makes sense, but Davis has that experience to dictate the tempo of the game.

I didnt feel this much nervous excitement even in 2008.  I believe we CAN do it, but wouldnt say I am confident.  I would actually be confident if Alfredo was fit as he would give their back line a torrid time of it.

First 15 minutes ala Braga will do just fine - 3 goals in the first 15 I will happily take....

Absolutely bricking it !  Which is strange as we really have no right being this deep in European competition.  It is absolute testament to Ross Wilson, Gerrard, Beale, Gio, Makaay, Jimmy Bell and all the backroom staff and playing squad that we are where we are.

What an amazing achievement already.  Now, Rangers..... MAKE US DREAM !!