[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 18; Kamara 24; Lundstram 81) - 1 RB Leipzig

Just now, Rousseau said:

That second was such a Kamara goal.

In a cauldron of ferocious atmosphere, Kamara, so laid back, just passes it into the bottom corner from 20 yards out. 

The Kamara role and the game he played was genius. Aribo was also amazing at leading the press and playing that pressing #9 role. We lost much of the pressing that worked for us when he went off. Hat off to the manager and his team last night was an incredible tactical victory over a side with incredible talent. N'Kunku and Gvardiol will go on to play for elite eruo clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The Kamara role and the game he played was genius. Aribo was also amazing at leading the press and playing that pressing #9 role. We lost much of the pressing that worked for us when he went off. Hat off to the manager and his team last night was an incredible tactical victory over a side with incredible talent. N'Kunku and Gvardiol will go on to play for elite eruo clubs. 

I would add Adams, Olmo and Szoboszlai (just coming back from injury) to that list too. 

Talented side. 

That's the recruitment and player development model we should be trying to emulate. OK--we don't have Red Bull money, but we can still look at young players based on the stats, and pick up some that are underrated. The important thing, then, is giving them time and extended runs in the team. (We also need a solid tactical system into which they can play a part - and a coach with the ability to utilise them. GvB is not bad in that regard.)

Bassey is the perfect example. Again, so many were writing him off. He always had the physical attributes, but lacked in certain areas, like positioning and tactical awareness. He's learning, though - and it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been given a run in the team. 

I would love for us to be part of the Red Bull organisation; an affiliate.

That doesn't mean I want us to be RB Rangers - far from it. I believe there are a few clubs that are affiliates but not completely re-branded in that way. 

However, to tap into that coaching network, the tactical philosophy that is reproduced at all of their clubs, and their recruitment network would be invaluable. It would allow us to bridge, partly, the financial gap. 

I think it's the future of football, for better or worse: you've got City Group doing it, and I'm pretty sure there's another but the name escapes me, to go along with Red Bull too. 

I know it's seen as plastic, but I don't think you can argue with the knowledge-base they've built and the brand of football they put on the pitch, from New York Red Bulls to Salzburg to Leipzig. 

Probably not the time to mention this, though... 

what a night nearly 4 am before i got to sleep. 

just noticed at the last goal Goldson was fouled in the build up. I wonder if we would have got a pen from VAR if we hadn't scored. 

He was screaming at the ref while Kent was skinning his man.