[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 18; Kamara 24; Lundstram 81) - 1 RB Leipzig

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

if Frankfurt had qualified for the CL in their league, would we have been given a CL spot for just getting to the EL final? 

I'm sure I read you have to win it to get EL qualification, so nope.  

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I would add Adams, Olmo and Szoboszlai (just coming back from injury) to that list too. 

Talented side. 

That's the recruitment and player development model we should be trying to emulate. OK--we don't have Red Bull money, but we can still look at young players based on the stats, and pick up some that are underrated. The important thing, then, is giving them time and extended runs in the team. (We also need a solid tactical system into which they can play a part - and a coach with the ability to utilise them. GvB is not bad in that regard.)

Bassey is the perfect example. Again, so many were writing him off. He always had the physical attributes, but lacked in certain areas, like positioning and tactical awareness. He's learning, though - and it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been given a run in the team. 

Could we not get Irn Bru money? IB Rangers has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' don't you think?

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I'm still unconvinced by GvB long-term - although, I'm not at the compo 'dutch dud' level. 

However, I have been impressed with GvB's tactical flexibility. SG was definitely poor at that - he could set up good plans, with Beale's help, but they would usually stick with them regardless. It worked and it didn't. 

Gio needs to adapt his tactics to the Scottish game. It took Gerrard a while to be able to get there and it's taking Gio that too. 

Hopefully he'll see what works and what doesn't but he's shown enough in Europe to suggest that he's a good coach.

15 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Could we not get Irn Bru money? IB Rangers has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' don't you think?

Maybe somebody should chap on Red Bull's door....

'Why do you waste your time and money with these simpering shills in Leipzig, when you could invest in some Real Men, down  Govan way ?'