[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 18; Kamara 24; Lundstram 81) - 1 RB Leipzig

Emotion aside...I think Gio played a tactical blinder last night considering the cards he had been dealt. I also think that applies to many of the other big games of late. He's also shown enough tactical awareness to adapt in game which was not always Gerrards best quality. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Emotion aside...I think Gio played a tactical blinder last night considering the cards he had been dealt. I also think that applies to many of the other big games of late. He's also shown enough tactical awareness to adapt in game which was not always Gerrards best quality. 

I'm still unconvinced by GvB long-term - although, I'm not at the compo 'dutch dud' level. 

However, I have been impressed with GvB's tactical flexibility. SG was definitely poor at that - he could set up good plans, with Beale's help, but they would usually stick with them regardless. It worked and it didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm still unconvinced by GvB long-term - although, I'm not at the compo 'dutch dud' level. 

However, I have been impressed with GvB's tactical flexibility. SG was definitely poor at that - he could set up good plans, with Beale's help, but they would usually stick with them regardless. It worked and it didn't. 

I think we have to remember he came in mid season and had to gain the trust of a bunch of players who had a very strong bond with the previous manager. There have been too many silly points dropped but let's not aim everything at Gio. In many games the players let themselves down with sitters and terrible defending. 

Either way, I've seen more than enough to want to see how he does with some of his own additions.

Too early for a Europa Final thread to start...? 

First entry...As I didn't want to temp fate and look at details regarding the final venue, I have looked into this further now. I didn't realise the Stadium only held 43,000. This is poor for a show piece final IMO. Its also a different stadium from the ones the Tims played in for 2003. Despite the limited capacity, the positives are it's a tighter stadium without a large running track around it. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

I don't want to put a dampener on anyone's day, but if Frankfurt had qualified for the CL in their league, would we have been given a CL spot for just getting to the EL final? 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't want to put a dampener on anyone's day, but if Frankfurt had qualified for the CL in their league, would we have been given a CL spot for just getting to the EL final? 

Not sure...quickly Googles German Bundesliga standings..