Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

Sadly we won't be there as we didn't get tickets.  To be honest, sitting about in pubs in the searing heat is not for me these days.  Had we got tickets I would have been there in a flash.  My nephew, who goes with us to Ibrox, fortunately got one and we are absolutely delighted for him and all of you folks on here who did get tickets.  I hope you have the time of your lives.  

It's ridiculous in this day and age, with so many huge modern stadiums across Europe, that UEFA should choose to hold a final in such a small venue. In fact, it's hard not to believe these decisions are made for reasons wholly removed from football.

46 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Having been to that stadium before in 2009(?) I'm a bit concerned about the steep seating especially if (as many will do) supporters try to sneak in. 

Looks quite treacherous in some photos I have seen.

Should be fine as long as everyone behind you is sensible, sober and remains perfectly still for the duration of the match.

I think some are adding 2+2 and getting 5. The emails I've seen about possible closures come from two different pubs who may just not fancy the hassle.

The Seville Mayor has already been quoted as this being a fantastic opportunity for the city to make money post-CV19 so closing hospitality venues for two days doesn't square that circle.