Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

Looks like Roofe is struggling to get fit in time for Wednesday.  We really could've done with him.

I'm finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep just now - can't stop thinking about the final.

20 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

No, I would like to watch it in the same place as all the other rounds.

I understand that would be ideal. You will still manage to watch the match some other way though, yes?

20 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Are you at the windup?

No.

10 hours ago, rbr said:

Funny how we managed it in 2008 , and out of the 6 teams in the 3 finals , we are the only one doing nothing , and in this our 150th year , its shameful .

utterly pathetic from rangers and very much in line with the boards utter contempt for the fans

Edited by the gunslinger

The last place I'd want to watch the game would be on screens at Ibrox

I've heard 2008 wasn't that great with little atmosphere, the natural delay in the broadcast and various other issues, and no alcohol.

There is no reason why Rangers couldn't have provisionally prepared for this a month ago at a minimal cost of existing staff time.

Catering, security and other services are already outsourced to staffing an event is simple. Sourcing extra screens should also be simple.  Carefully vetting supporters by restricting the event to season ticket holders is also simple.  Bringing in an external company to project manage is simple. Charging interested supporters to recoup any costs and perhaps even make a small profit is something that could have been explored.

Yes there are other factors at play - policing and political to name just two - which might have concerned the board in a PR sense. I understand that but that's something we should also be able to anticpate and deal with by now. But we know they struggle with that so what's new?

All in all, why anyone would want to suggest this is difficult and/or not question why we can't mirror what other clubs are doing seems strange...

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

The weather isn't looking great either.  

I have no doubt many attendees would bring their own drink, mainly tonic wine and it might not be as 'family friendly' as one would want.  

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've heard 2008 wasn't that great with little atmosphere, the natural delay in the broadcast and various other issues, and no alcohol.

You know it wouldn't interest me either to be honest but I can understand why many would like it.  

It's the usual executive fob off with no explanation or minimal effort to understand why 2008 didn't work and improve that frustrates me.

To those going to the game, it would be best to take a powerbank with you so that you can recharge your phone during the day. You don't want to turn up at the ground with no charge in your phone and not get in.