Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

• Rousseau changed the title to Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread
15 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Just think Ramsey could give us that wee bit something special but as you say his work rate when we’re not in possession isn’t great 

I agree.  I don't think he will start but he may come on as sub.

I was feeling relaxed about the game until I heard Eck reeling off Frankfurt's achievements in the Europa League this year. Does beating Dortmund away trump beating Barcelona away?  Probably, so I'll try and calm down a bit. 

Eintracht sure know how to play in Europe, despite their domestic form:

FORM IN EUROPE THIS SEASON

Eintracht kicked off their 2021/22 European campaign in the UEFA Europa League group stage and go into the final undefeated after 12 matches.

They topped Group D with 12 points ahead of Olympiacos, Fenerbahce and Antwerp to qualify directly for the round of 16, where they eliminated Real Betis after extra time.

They then claimed another Spanish scalp in the quarter-final, knocking out Barcelona with a memorable 3-2 victory in the Nou Camp following another 1-1 draw in Frankfurt, before winning both semi-final legs against West Ham United, 2-1 away and 1-0 home.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/opposition-focus-eintracht-frankfurt/33HC1Zy4hZs1Y1tIsFGtDN

15 hours ago, ian1964 said:

He is a failed gamble IMO, he has brought very little to the team, Lowry would play before him if it was my choice!

Funny - I thought that too. I'd take a chance on Lowry before Wright; he is right-footed and unlike Wright is composed and makes better decisions. I also don't think he'd be fazed.

Now watch start and score 🤣