Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

10 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Completely underwhelming performance...from everyone....on and off the pitch.

A team, and fanbase who performed over their heads throughout an entire tournament, absolutely failed to turn up.

Fans were stunned and silenced from the tip.

The team were shocked and stymied as well. 

Management failed to make OBVIOUS changes.

The performance in all aspects reflected a team who obviously felt, and played a game out of their element.

This was not so much a defeat to Eintracht, as a defeat of  ourselves.

I am usually very measured, and take losses well.

However, THIS is not any defeat...this was a once in a 25...30...50 year opportunity.

This was a team and stadium fan base who cowered under the lights, and pressure of a world stage.

YES...Rangers supporters did not support their team in that stadium in their most dire time.

I am absolutely FUMING at their silence.

YOU dropped the F****** ball!

Ashamed of this performance, and it should never be spoken of again, just remembered for the embarrassment it was.

It appears that some stages, are apparently too big for Rangers.

Do no aliby this shit show.

Shameful!

Disgraceful post

Ok. Goldson should have done better at goal as should have Bassey but for me their was little effort made by Wright? to cut out the intial cross. Seems we would rather allow a cross into our box than concide a corner.

18 minutes ago, onevision said:

Ok. Goldson should have done better at goal as should have Bassey but for me their was little effort made by Wright? to cut out the intial cross. Seems we would rather allow a cross into our box than concide a corner.

Yes re Goldson--ball watching---No re Bassey---left to try and cover Goldson's faux pas  Wright---where was Tav?.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

FWIW I genuinely believe we’d have won last night had Morelos been fit. 

Based on what we saw, I agree. Even if Roofe had been fit to start, I think we'd have scored at least one more goal last night.

42 minutes ago, onevision said:

Agree but he was out of gas at the time as were many of our players who struggled with fitness on the night.

24 minutes ago, ascender said:

Based on what we saw, I agree. Even if Roofe had been fit to start, I think we'd have scored at least one more goal last night.

I’m not an expert on modern football by any means but playing without a recognised striker isn’t something I can understand. 

7 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’m not an expert on modern football by any means but playing without a recognised striker isn’t something I can understand. 

The problem is we didn't have one who was fit apart from Itten who wasn't named in the squad. So you end up playing someone in a "false 9" role but even then, that player should be a forward/striker. I guess Morelos or Roofe could do that to create space for the other one, draw defenders out of position etc.