Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

14 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

All I have heard on telly was bring on Ramsey and on here we should have brought him on sooner.

Well I said in January why are we "hiring" an unfit player and when he played I tried to give him benefit of the doubt.Was not able to do this as my original thought that he would be a waste of a jersey came true as he did not do much..

Hope the hell he is nowhere near the squad on Saturday.

Some players in the past have cost us money and flopped he has flopped and cost us money.

Sick and tired of Ramsey.    Done next to nothing since he came.  He stole a gersey last night.  

Well, that was tough to take.

I don't think we deserved to win the match but we could have and penalties is always a bit of a lottery, although probably not as much when the opposition are German.

Definitely lots of one-off Rangers fans at the match and that, combined with the rather poor situation with refreshments after a day drinking in the sun, resulted in us being totally showed up by the Frankfurt support.  One guy near me spent most of extra time looking at his phone... Unf*ckingbelievable!

Sitting at a bus stop in Albufeira from 3.30-7.10am hasn't helped me - strange the things you see and people you encounter at that time in the morning.  Sitting in Faro airport just now and can't wait to get home.

We had better win on Saturday!  No excuses.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Well, that was tough to take.

I don't think we deserved to win the match but we could have and penalties is always a bit of a lottery, although probably not as much when the opposition are German.

Definitely lots of one-off Rangers fans at the match and that, combined with the rather poor situation with refreshments after a day drinking in the sun, resulted in us being totally showed up by the Frankfurt support.  One guy near me spent most of extra time looking at his phone... Unf*ckingbelievable!

Sitting at a bus stop in Albufeira from 3.30-7.10am hasn't helped me - strange the things you see and people you encounter at that time in the morning.  Sitting in Faro airport just now and can't wait to get home.

We had better win on Saturday!  No excuses.

Keep the faith. I'm sure that the support on Saturday will not play second fiddle to the Hearts fans. Let's finish the season on a high.

A little synopsis of our team from last night both on domestic and European form this season and where their futures may lie. Just my opinion...

Greegs - did nothing wrong last night and produced some decent saves but will be disappointed not to get close to any of the penalties (given how high his standards are). Domestically he's had a few howlers but in Europe he has been outstanding.  Future? Retire as one of the great Rangers keepers.

Tav - he looked either injured our burnt out last night. Was unable to affect the game. Domestically and in Europe has been outstanding. His goals and assists are world class. Future? Stays as captain. 

Borna - didn't do anything wrong last night, but has been up and down domestically and in Europe this season. Future- if an offer comes in we have to sell. 

Goldson - will wonder what would have happened if he'd attempted to cut the cross out. Domestically sound and a colossos in Europe. We won't appreciate how good he is until he's gone. Future- leaves on a free in the summer.

Bassey - one of the best players on the pitch last night. Been the standout domestically and in Europe this season. Future - he won't finish his career at Rangers but we need to get him tied down on a long term contract so we make as much as we can when we sell him. 

Jack - didn't affect the game last night and looked like his injuries are starting to take their toll. Injuries have hampered him this season and wouldn't be sad to see him leave. 

Kamara - like Jack found it hard to affect the game last night. Domestically and in Europe he has been a great signing for us. Bought for £50K so would sell this summer for whatever we can get for him  seems to have run his course. 

Lundstram- midflied were overran and missed out last night. However, after a shaky start to his Rangers career, he's an automatic starter nest season. 

Wright - some sympathy for Wright. He is a SPL player trying to perform at elite level. Been in and out of the team, and can see him staying. 

Aribo - scored for us last night and sacrificed himself for the team playing as a striker. Been in and out of form this season but think he has a huge part to play for us. 

Kent - can't fault his work rate but his end product isn't consistent enough. However, he is one of the few players who can create/score out of nothing. I think he'll leave if a suitable offer is received but wouldn't be devistated if he stayed. 

That's the starting 11 from last night, and think after Saturday, no matter the result, it'll be the beginning of the end for SGs squad. 

Huge window for the club, Wilson, Gio and the board. 

14 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Disgraceful performance fits it. 

You do understand we were playing Franfurt in a European Cup final and not Raith Rovers in The Ramsdens Cup Final?

The team can hold their heads high, this season's European run has been phenomenal