Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Why does he need support? Has he found his way into our hearts? If it had been Tav or Lundstram I would be much more magnanimous. As a human being, yes. But not as a key Ranger.

Who mentioned anything about "key Ranger"? Except you?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Lazio/Roma and Crvena Zvezda fans don't speak/sing German.  

Sorry, I can`t follow your line of thought here? Are you implying that the Eintracht fans were akin to Nazi hordes or ideologically influenced Germans hailing the Führer or something? Their fan displays, songs and whatnot are not dissimilar to what you get in nigh any German football ground in BL 1 and 2 week in and week out.

18 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

You seemed to have missed my point. Why is Ramsey as deserving of sympathy as some others?

Yeah doesnt deserve sympathy, public flogging is too good for him to. 

25 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

You seemed to have missed my point. Why is Ramsey as deserving of sympathy as some others?

With the best will in the world, it's difficult to see your point when you don't actually make one. 

Again, no one mentioned sympathy ... except you.

Edited by Bill

22 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Because he was a Rangers player.  That's plenty for me

On 20/05/2022 at 12:03, BEARGER said:

I don't think we will ever get a better chance of winning a European trophy, the team just did not turn up. Why did that happen? management, tactics, team selection, use of subs? The biggest game most of them will ever play in and they blew it. I'm also worried about tomorrow, need to freshen up the starting 11, I would play Ramsey and Lowry.

They didn't blow it, that's just nonsense.

On 19/05/2022 at 11:33, Gonzo79 said:

Well, that was tough to take.

I don't think we deserved to win the match but we could have and penalties is always a bit of a lottery, although probably not as much when the opposition are German.

Definitely lots of one-off Rangers fans at the match and that, combined with the rather poor situation with refreshments after a day drinking in the sun, resulted in us being totally showed up by the Frankfurt support.  One guy near me spent most of extra time looking at his phone... Unf*ckingbelievable!

Sitting at a bus stop in Albufeira from 3.30-7.10am hasn't helped me - strange the things you see and people you encounter at that time in the morning.  Sitting in Faro airport just now and can't wait to get home.

We had better win on Saturday!  No excuses.

The three of us took pictures pre-game.... as soon as we got to the match all 3 of us put our phones in a bag and they never re-appeared till we were at the hotel post game.  I will never understand those that want to take pictures during the game.  None of the 3 of us even moved from our seats for the whole game - 6 hours plus without water - but no chance was  I moving during the game in case I missed anything - same with having a phone out.

A Frankfurt fan in front of us would be lucky if she saw 20 minutes of the game as she spent the whole evening taking selfies with the pitch behind her.

Ridiculous stuff.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'm glad that if any of our players had to miss a penalty it was Ramsey. Would have been heart breaking if it was Tav or Davis for example. The fact it was Ramsey is a bit meh.

It will NEVER be "meh" for me.  Regardless of who it was.  Devastated.  But had Goldson defended as he should have then Ramsey wouldnt have been relied upon to hit a penalty.  All of that said, I am immensely proud of that squad of players - they left absolutely everything out on that pitch, every last one of them.

Now.... build the team around Bassey, Lundstram and Lowry and we should be good.