Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

Small discussion with my kid yesterday :

Craig : The team did us proud mate, lots to be positive about

Kid : I reckon we can reach another European final in the next couple of years

Craig : I hope it isnt for a while as I can't afford us to be in the final too often 

Kid : It could be our annual holiday

Rangers, what have you created.... from the depths of wondering when we would ever win anything again.... to the heights of winning the league, winning the Scottish Cup, being in a European final.... all within 10 years.

And that is why we are Rangers - because our standards are greater than our rivals.  We don't celebrate failure.  As Fernando Ricksen famously once said, "First is everything, Second is nothing".  We are proud of this squad for what they achieved, but we won't celebrate that failure to win, we use it as motivation to go one further.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Small discussion with my kid yesterday :

Craig : The team did us proud mate, lots to be positive about

Kid : I reckon we can reach another European final in the next couple of years

Craig : I hope it isnt for a while as I can't afford us to be in the final too often 

Kid : It could be our annual holiday

Rangers, what have you created.... from the depths of wondering when we would ever win anything again.... to the heights of winning the league, winning the Scottish Cup, being in a European final.... all within 10 years.

And that is why we are Rangers - because our standards are greater than our rivals.  We don't celebrate failure.  As Fernando Ricksen famously once said, "First is everything, Second is nothing".  We are proud of this squad for what they achieved, but we won't celebrate that failure to win, we use it as motivation to go one further.

And I don't get this 'once in a lifetime' thing: with the squad we have we have every chance of making the CL group stages which will help to build our finances.

3 hours ago, craig said:

They didn't blow it, that's just nonsense.

We gave them far too much respect, especially the first half. Some players did not perform as acknowledged by Lundstram post match. We beat better teams than EF to get to the final. I think we blew it, just my opinion.

If we assume this £17m EL income is correct, does anyone know what our overall EL earnings might be when adding net matchday income and BTTV money?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If we assume this £17m EL income is correct, does anyone know what our overall EL earnings might be when adding net matchday income and BTTV money?

General consensus is this will be a record revenue number for the club this year.