Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Sure I read somewhere today that we earned more getting to EL Final than we would have if we made the CL group stages.  

I would take that every year then :roflmao: Or..... make CL group stages, then drop out into EL, then go to EL final....

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Perfect scenario 

We aren't ever winning the CL.... so gibe me the CL group, a drop to Europa and that final every year will be fine - or even the Conference final :)

Bit of a late post on this but I was disappointed we chose to wear all blue in the final and wanted to see us in our traditional home shirt, shorts and socks.  Not sure if UEFA would've allowed the white shorts but the black and red socks would definitely have been okay.

Playing in all blue against a team in white didn't do us much good in 2008.  

Hopefully we ditch the all blue from now on.

🟦🟥

Edited by Gonzo79

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Bit of a late post on this but I was disappointed we chose to wear all blue in the final and wanted to see us in our traditional home shirt, shorts and socks.  Not sure if UEFA would've allowed the white shorts but the black and red socks would definitely have been okay.

Playing in all blue against a team in white didn't do us much good in 2008.  

Hopefully we ditch the all blue from now on.

🟦🟥

Agreed. Was there also something going on with our blue strip? Maybe it was my TV but it looked a total different shade of blue from earlier in the year (see pics). Not too impressed with Castore and from what I've seen of our strips for next season, that's not going to change. They've rather imaginatively come up with another all black strip as our away top. 2 seasons ago it was all black with orange trim, last season it was all black with red trim, next season it's all black with blue trim. And don't get me started on that orange training top that passes as a 3rd kit.

20220528_172305.jpg

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. Was there also something going on with our blue strip? Maybe it was my TV but it looked a total different shade of blue from earlier in the year (see pics). Not too impressed with Castore and from what I've seen of our strips for next season, that's not going to change. They've rather imaginatively come up with another all black strip as our away top. 2 seasons ago it was all black with orange trim, last season it was all black with red trim, next season it's all black with blue trim. And don't get me started on that orange training top that passes as a 3rd kit.

20220528_172305.jpg

Bring back the old 1963 blue and white vertical stripes as our second strip 

UEFA and FIFA prefer teams to wear all one colour where possible and for one to be in 'light' and the other to be in 'dark' colours. You're seeing it more and more in international football these days as well. There's some science behind it where they've proved it's easier for officials and spectators to distinguish if a team is in all one colour apparently. The dark/light colours is connected to colour blindness believe it or not. Apparently 1 in 12 men are colour blind (I'd no idea it was that common), and so if a team is in all red and another in all blue for example a person with colour blindness can't tell them apart. So Frankfurt decided to play in all white and us in all blue giving the light/dark contrast. I only read about this recently, that's the only reason I know.