Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

8 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

So Frankfurt decided to play in all white and us in all blue giving the light/dark contrast. I only read about this recently, that's the only reason I know. 

I think I read something similar.  We could've still worn our usual home socks though.  

Edited by Gonzo79

On 23/05/2022 at 18:19, craig said:

Small discussion with my kid yesterday :

Craig : The team did us proud mate, lots to be positive about

Kid : I reckon we can reach another European final in the next couple of years

Craig : I hope it isnt for a while as I can't afford us to be in the final too often 

Kid : It could be our annual holiday

Rangers, what have you created.... from the depths of wondering when we would ever win anything again.... to the heights of winning the league, winning the Scottish Cup, being in a European final.... all within 10 years.

And that is why we are Rangers - because our standards are greater than our rivals.  We don't celebrate failure.  As Fernando Ricksen famously once said, "First is everything, Second is nothing".  We are proud of this squad for what they achieved, but we won't celebrate that failure to win, we use it as motivation to go one further.

Hi Mate.

Thats touching. Good stuff.

I came on after and standby my comment Ramsay is a waste. I have NEVER rated him and I am baffled to him in general. You know I have a soft spot for Arsenal and he did nothing there - Wengers worst signing. Juve couldnt wait to get rid.

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Does anyone have any idea why the CL final seemed to have paper tickets whereas we had to use the app?

Some suggestions the clubs requested such.

On 28/05/2022 at 18:01, JohnMc said:

UEFA and FIFA prefer teams to wear all one colour where possible and for one to be in 'light' and the other to be in 'dark' colours. You're seeing it more and more in international football these days as well. There's some science behind it where they've proved it's easier for officials and spectators to distinguish if a team is in all one colour apparently. The dark/light colours is connected to colour blindness believe it or not. Apparently 1 in 12 men are colour blind (I'd no idea it was that common), and so if a team is in all red and another in all blue for example a person with colour blindness can't tell them apart. So Frankfurt decided to play in all white and us in all blue giving the light/dark contrast. I only read about this recently, that's the only reason I know. 

As a member of the 1 in 12, that makes sense. The most common form of colour blindness is red-green and I know from experience that it is difficult for us coloured blind folk to tell the difference between a dark red and a dark green, particularly from a distance.

I suspect that it may be for the benefit of the officials, more than for the players or spectators, that the two teams are distinguishable by dark/light kits. Maybe Scottish linesmen are not incompetent in offside calls, maybe they are just colour blind:)