Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just have a party in George Square if we win.  That way everyone wins: Bears get to congregate for a party, our haters get something to focus on and the club don't have to answer for it.

Look what happened the last time we partied there.  Are you having a laugh?

37 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Would they get a licence to sell booze at a 'beamback'?

I can sort of understand the club's decision.  The press would have a field day if things went awry in the stadium.

We managed to have a beam-back in 2008 - can see no reason not to have one this time. 

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Really?

His rationale was that Rangers don't have the staff to implement a beam back. The staff required will be in Seville.

There are no shortage of other ways to watch this match. Let the club focus on the football.

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

They will be happy to keep on fleecing us for all the rushed outerwear released and looks like they have no interest in their fans.

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

really poor decision by the board.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

In a week where everything should have a positive vibe, the refusal of Rangers to show a "beam-back" of the game is utterly baffling. Shows once again how out of touch our board are. 

IMG-20220512-WA0014.jpg

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

I am disgusted there will be nothing at Ibrox for the supporters who didn't get tickets.  Correction, I am furious.  Complete contempt and disregard for supporters.

Robertson has said that it is not feasible due to a lack of staff.

Surely we all accept that any beam back is a far lower priority than the match itself.

This just typifies everything this current board does towards the fans , theCastore deal and Castore have never been held to account over the poor quality of certain items and lack of stuff in the club shops , the leaks and poor strip designs . The 150 th celebration was virtually and entirely the Union bears and fans , Edminston house has ground to a halt and wont be completed this year by the looks of things .

And this situation should havce been thought about from before the semi final stage . to suddenly have this upon us and not have anything prepared is horrendous but no surprise . Even Argyll house couldnt tell me yesterday whether they would or wouldnt be open on the 18th , its a shambles .

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

Surely we all accept that any beam back is a far lower priority than the match itself.

Its only not possible because of lack of preperation , they could have gotten outside staff /contractors to do this , for gods sake theres a Harry Stiles concert in a few weeks . dont tell me they need Rangers staff to set it up .

2 minutes ago, rbr said:

This just typifies everything this current board does towards the fans , theCastore deal and Castore have never been held to account over the poor quality of certain items and lack of stuff in the club shops , the leaks and poor strip designs . The 150 th celebration was virtually and entirely the Union bears and fans , Edminston house has ground to a halt and wont be completed this year by the looks of things .

And this situation should havce been thought about from before the semi final stage . to suddenly have this upon us and not have anything prepared is horrendous but no surprise . Even Argyll house couldnt tell me yesterday whether they would or wouldnt be open on the 18th , its a shambles .

You'll just need to settle for a board that oversees the team getting to a Europa League final.

Priorities lie elsewhere?

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

Its only not possible because of lack of preperation[sic] , they could have gotten outside staff /contractors to do this , for gods sake theres a Harry Stiles concert in a few weeks . dont tell me they need Rangers staff to set it up .

That concert has been in the pipeline for ages.

We've had two weeks to organise an extremely low priority beam back while resources are allocated elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

One should not exclude the other.