Europa League Final 2022 - Official Match Thread

16 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Quite a bit of scaremongering going on. Tens of thousands are booked and on thier way. Not sure how they can stop it now.

There's just no way they'd close hospitality venues for two days as tens of thousands of tourists visit. And that's a VERY conservative guess at numbers.

Yes, they may choose to limit alcohol sales for a certain period on the day of the game but even that's unlikely. The people of Manchester complained about the mess. The businesses did not.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Yes, they may choose to limit alcohol sales for a certain period on the day of the game but even that's unlikely. The people of Manchester complained about the mess. The businesses did not.

We went to Auxerre back when PLG was in charge and the police shut all the bars and stopped the supermarkets selling booze, but your talking a handful of places. No idea how they stop something the size and reach of people travelling for this. Best just to embrace it and set up a few ad hoc fan zones if they can. 

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is this confirmed Gonzo? Was having nightmares about that putrid lilac strip making an appearance in a Euro final.

Not 100% official but as good as.  

I think most of us were dreading the team wearing lilac for such a big match.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not 100% official but as good as.  

I think most of us were dreading the team wearing lilac for such a big match.

It's truly horrible. I'm not saying I am too superstitious but we've generally played keek in that strips for some reason.