Alex Lowry Signs Contract Extension

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

superb news lets play him the next3 games and get him a really good loan deal next year. 

Not sure about that mate! I think he is ready to play more 1st team matches now!. No need for a loan IMO

Great news. Get him in the team for the next 2 games. Next season for me he plays all the games at Ibrox v the bottom 6 and most of the away games. As in he is the key to breaking the low block with his incisive passing. If he does well then in for the bigger games.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

We clearly have some excellent young players coming through but their chances will only be inhibited by every new player we sign. So where is the balance that allows young players to get the game time they need, while also strengthening the team with new signings? There are still only eleven players allowed on the park at any one time?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

We clearly have some excellent young players coming through but their chances will only be inhibited by every new player we sign. So where is the balance that allows young players to get the game time they need, while also strengthening the team with new signings? There are still only eleven players allowed on the park at any one time?

We need to get better at using the loan market. Stop bringing them in and use loan outs to better effect. 

40 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We need to get better at using the loan market. Stop bringing them in and use loan outs to better effect. 

I would rather they were playing in the B-team, albeit at a higher level than the Lowland League (I want B-teams in the Championship). 

I think it benefits them going up against men, but it doesn't benefit them playing the type of football you get outside the Old Firm.  

We saw 4 youngsters on the pitch yesterday all in sync with each other.  

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would rather they were playing in the B-team, albeit at a higher level than the Lowland League (I want B-teams in the Championship). 

I think it benefits them going up against men, but it doesn't benefit them playing the type of football you get outside the Old Firm.  

We saw 4 youngsters on the pitch yesterday all in sync with each other.  

I think there is a balance to be struck. The question is whether or not the support will accept it. To many signings- complaints of not developing homegrown talent. Too many youngster - complaints about not maximising the strength of the squad. 

If a youth player is good enough, they should be in the first team squad.  If not, loan them out and see if they improve.

The problem at Rangers is we have to win every match, so youth doesn't get much of a chance.  No way around that.