Fancy a night at the cinema?

Europa League Final 2022: Rangers game with Eintracht Frankfurt set to be screened at Scottish Cinemas

Graham Falk  1 hour ago

Popular cinema chain Vue Cinemas have confirmed they will screen the Europa League Final between Rangers and Eintracht Frankfurt live at a number of Scottish cinemas.

Rangers fans have been frantically planning their trip to Seville for next week’s Europa League Final but, for those staying at home, a new alternative way to catch the showcase final is on offer.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s side will line-up for their first European semi-final since 2008 hoping to immortalise themselves in Ibrox history, as they look to lift the Europa League Trophy by defeating Oliver Glasner’s Eintracht Frankfurt on Wednesday May 18.

Thousands of fans are expected to travel to the Spanish city, while a lucky few Gers fans have even been able to snap up the limited tickets to the game at Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium, but for those not able to make the trip, Vue Cinemas are offering fans the chance to watch the game on the big screen. Vue Cinemas will be screening the game at their Glasgow Fort, Edinburgh Omni Centre, Stirling, Inverness, Livingston and Aberdeen cinemas.

The decision follows the success of Vue’s screening both legs of Rangers’ semi-final ties against RB Leipzig, which one Twitter user described as “electric” following the breathtaking 3-1 second leg win last week.

With under a week until the big day, Gers boss van Bronckhorst is still sweating over the availability of striker Kemar Roofe, who has been missing since Rangers’ Scottish Cup semi final win over Celtic in April.

“It is going to be a close call for Kemar,” said the Dutch manager. “So we have to assess him day by day.

“I think (Ryan) Jack is ahead of him. Jack will be ready for next week but I still don’t know about Kemar.”

Screenings of the UEFA Europa League Final will begin at 7.30pm, with prices starting at £19.99 rising to £23.99 for VIP seats, with tickets via the Vue website subject to availability.

image.png

Edited by BEARGER

Stewart Robertson has said it will be 'highly unlikely' there will be any beamback at Ibrox next week due to staff shortages so this may be a good option if you don't fancy the pub.

Back in the day I was a member of the ABC Minors.

I endured numerous episodes of Flash Gordon republic serials, I participated in the intermission talent contests and, threw my fair share of frozen Jubilees(always the bitterest of bitter orange - information for the separated brethren looking in) from the balcony. Further, I voted for the young lad from Larkie that won the talent contest in Hamilton's ABC Cinema circa 1965 because he was a flautist. He played Flight of the Bumblebee but we all knew it was a particularly staunch bumblebee. Combined with my Tufty Club membership; surely there are concessionary rates available?

31 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Paste as plain text please.

I beg you.

Popular cinema chain Vue Cinemas have confirmed they will screen the Europa League Final between Rangers and Eintracht Frankfurt live at a number of Scottish cinemas.

Rangers fans have been frantically planning their trip to Seville for next week’s Europa League Final but, for those staying at home, a new alternative way to catch the showcase final is on offer.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s side will line-up for their first European semi-final since 2008 hoping to immortalise themselves in Ibrox history, as they look to lift the Europa League Trophy by defeating Oliver Glasner’s Eintracht Frankfurt on Wednesday May 18.

Thousands of fans are expected to travel to the Spanish city, while a lucky few Gers fans have even been able to snap up the limited tickets to the game at Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan Stadium, but for those not able to make the trip, Vue Cinemas are offering fans the chance to watch the game on the big screen.

As per the Glasgow giants previous ties, the game will be shown live via BT Sport, however, for those fans wanting to take in the atmosphere on a giant screen alongside fellow fans, Vue Cinemas will be screening the game at their Glasgow Fort, Edinburgh Omni Centre, Stirling, Inverness, Livingston and Aberdeen cinemas.

The decision follows the success of Vue’s screening both legs of Rangers’ semi-final ties against RB Leipzig, which one Twitter user described as “electric” following the breathtaking 3-1 second leg win last week.

With under a week until the big day, Gers boss van Bronckhorst is still sweating over the availability of striker Kemar Roofe, who has been missing since Rangers’ Scottish Cup semi final win over Celtic in April.

“It is going to be a close call for Kemar,” said the Dutch manager. “So we have to assess him day by day.

“I think (Ryan) Jack is ahead of him. Jack will be ready for next week but I still don’t know about Kemar.”

Screenings of the UEFA Europa League Final will begin at 7.30pm, with prices starting at £19.99 rising to £23.99 for VIP seats, with tickets via the Vue website subject to availability.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

I would if I knew how🙁. Got to say I don’t see a problem, headline a bit big but rest ok.

When you right-click there should be an option. 

Or, ctrl + shift + v, if you do it that way.

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

Stewart Robertson has said it will be 'highly unlikely' there will be any beamback at Ibrox next week due to staff shortages so this may be a good option if you don't fancy the pub.

Who wouldn't fancy the pub!!!

Although during the WC in Japan/Sth Korea a cinema in Leicster Sq did a deal with BT Broadcast Services to use HD pictures beamed back (This was in 2002 and HD was in infancy) It was surreal watching games on such a big screen with decent dolby sound. You could also take drink in, the only downside to that was it was 8.30 in the morning, but was a good experience.