[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Itten 33'; Lowry 45+1'; McKinnon 81')

Well done to the youngsters and the under-studies. Don't forget that it isn't easy to come in from the cold like that so well done to them all. Same 11 for a week today then or should Cole Mackinnon start? 

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Itten 33'; Lowry 45+1'; McKinnon 81')

At some point we are going to have to give some of these young players , our own youth , a chance . We need to stop bringing in EPL youngsters on loan and paying fees .

Our youngsters were all excellent today .

11 minutes ago, rbr said:

At some point we are going to have to give some of these young players , our own youth , a chance . We need to stop bringing in EPL youngsters on loan and paying fees .

👏👏👏👏👏👏

57 minutes ago, rbr said:

Or sell them for £16M each. 

They all impress with every game.  Lowry's goal was outstanding start to finish.  They could save the club a fortune.   I would have no qualms if Gio went with them all next season.

I don't see why they can't play now?

Lowry can be a starter now, and will be a star player if he progresses. 

King and McCann can come on in the last 10-20 minutes in games, with the odd start. They have done nothing wrong and look composed. 

Devine is further behind because I think Zukowski is ahead of him, and then there's Taverneir in front.

I was thinking, we have a few loanees too, but are they ahead of King, McCann and Lowry. I don't think so; not at all.

That's certainly a mark against the loanee system, and a mark in favour of the B-team.

Middleton is playing regularly in the Premiership - albeit at St Johnstone. Is he better than Lowry? Pfft...

47 minutes ago, rbr said:

I am optimistic that, given the entire backroom staff is Dutch, this will come to pass. 

Generally, you can't fault them in this regard. If they are good enough.....

Advocaat threw BF into the 1st team, and he never looked back. 

I always recall that Edgar Davids was bossing the Ajax midfield at the age of 16. Yes, Ajax! Yes, 16!

OK, he was exceptional, but he wasn't wasting his time playing against Stenhousemuir, or Montrose (or their Dutch equivalents, if such there is). 

Of course, the players, themselves, have to show that they want it. Carpe diem, as we say down Govan way.