Rangers goalkeeper Ronald Waterreus has been told he has no future at Ibrox, according to his agent Kees Ploegsma.

The 35-year-old goalkeeper was recruited in January 2005 as emergency cover after Stefan Klos suffered ligament damage in a training ground incident, and kept his place when the German returned to fitness.

The Dutchman, out of contract this summer, was believed to have been refused a 25% wage increase by new manager Paul Le Guen.

Waterreus had already dropped his demands for a new two-year contract when he was told the Govan club were only willing to offer one more season.

Ploegsma, who was reported to be due in Glasgow to continue talks with the Ibrox club, said: "I've no intention of coming to Scotland now because the deal is off.

"Both Ronald and I are disappointed but there was no room for negotiation and as I've said all along, Ronald has options elsewhere.

"I know where he is going and so does Ronnie but it won't be Rangers and that is their loss."

I was indifferent to if he stayed or not anyway, good servant to the club while he was here but 25% wage increase demands at his age is kind of pushing it.

Started off well but got a wee bit ragged later on. That's the worst thing about contract negotiations with a player that age. Their always looking for one last big(ish) contract, which any player is entitled to do of course.

No great loss I don't think. Whoever PLG brings in will probably be better anyway(and younger hopefully).

I'm pretty happy about him gone. He was not the most gifted keeper although he wasn't bad. But he seemed clueless about organising a defence, was very dodgy at crosses and his distribution seemed to consist of booting it up to the opposition.

His mercernary attitude and lack of fondness verging on disdain for our club meant he was not good for team spirit either.

He's basically just not the kind of person we need at the club.

He pulled us out of some stciky situations with his saves. He was never my 1st choice as GK but felt he did well enough apart from a few wee blunders here and there.

In the end I wasn't to bothered if he stayed or left.

I disagree about his distribution, when matched with Klos at least. Klos can hardly kick the ball past the halfway line.

But Waterreus really didnt know how to organize the defence, that is true, they seemed to be doing the exact opposite of what they were supposed to do half the time.