State Of The Squad

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

McGregor just signed an extension.

Where has this been reported , can't see anything other than Arfields extension.

Was it not revealed that Itten had health issues, perhaps pertaining to Covid? And that's why he's not been involved?

If that's the case, and he gets over it, then he's still a decent option to have around. 

29 minutes ago, rbr said:

Where has this been reported , can't see anything other than Arfields extension.

Just checked and it appears I was talking nonsense.  My head is mince today.

I think McGregor should retire if he is  not gonna be the number one guy in goal.

McLaughlin is already a 'Selkirk' (replaced Babe Ruth) so the last thing we need is a keeper who is less confident in his position.

The team, fans, and McLaughlin need 100% buy in.

We have a lot of consistently lame ponies in the squad as well (Helander, Jack, Roofe) who should be moved on.

Yes, Jack is still not 100% fit, and everyone knows it--move on--yes I know, my feelings hurt too--move him on.

Both Helander, and Roofe were gambles who won us a few key games. In the end, they are the paper airplanes we feared--out

Simpson--UNSAT--out

Itten--UNSAT--out

Davis--old out

Barisic--inconsistent--sell

Kamara--inconsistent--sell

Haji--great vision, nice touch, great comm--slow as a slug in winter--just blew his knee out which wont help--more suited for mgmt, than the pitch--sell

Obafor--release if possible--I don't know the rules on moving on chronic medical cases...but those should be looked into.

Arfield--Worrying the psychology behind that extension...visibly diminished capes--why?

More game time for Lowry--King--Mayo. 

Especially Lowry...needs a little more meat on him, in time, but that kid is a gamer.

The decision to give the B Team a slot in the Lowland League was 'muah' brilliant. 

The Polish kid, Zukowski looks a real gem too...would love to see him get some game time.

Hopefully Gio & Vos can work some angles and get some Holland talent in here...they play some pretty football over there.

Aug 2 is coming fast.

Stoked.

Yes, Itten was floored by something this year, possibly after-effects of covid, not sure if it was confirmed anywhere.

Those players who seem to struggle fitness-wise, its a shame, but when you play as many games as we do with Europe on top of the league, we can't afford to carry them anymore, so is that Helander, Roofe and Jack we need to move on?

49 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I think McGregor should retire if he is  not gonna be the number one guy in goal.

McLaughlin is already a 'Selkirk' (replaced Babe Ruth) so the last thing we need is a keeper who is less confident in his position.

The team, fans, and McLaughlin need 100% buy in.

We have a lot of consistently lame ponies in the squad as well (Helander, Jack, Roofe) who should be moved on.

Yes, Jack is still not 100% fit, and everyone knows it--move on--yes I know, my feelings hurt too--move him on.

Both Helander, and Roofe were gambles who won us a few key games. In the end, they are the paper airplanes we feared--out

Simpson--UNSAT--out

Itten--UNSAT--out

Davis--old out

Barisic--inconsistent--sell

Kamara--inconsistent--sell

Haji--great vision, nice touch, great comm--slow as a slug in winter--just blew his knee out which wont help--more suited for mgmt, than the pitch--sell

Obafor--release if possible--I don't know the rules on moving on chronic medical cases...but those should be looked into.

Arfield--Worrying the psychology behind that extension...visibly diminished capes--why?

More game time for Lowry--King--Mayo. 

Especially Lowry...needs a little more meat on him, in time, but that kid is a gamer.

The decision to give the B Team a slot in the Lowland League was 'muah' brilliant. 

The Polish kid, Zukowski looks a real gem too...would love to see him get some game time.

Hopefully Gio & Vos can work some angles and get some Holland talent in here...they play some pretty football over there.

Aug 2 is coming fast.

Stoked.

You have actually outdone yourself..

Sorry is it just me but is this guy wide? Ban me if not. But please re-read this guys posts. I will withhold.

3 minutes ago, Gribz said:

You have actually outdone yourself..

Sorry is it just me but is this guy wide? Ban me if not. But please re-read this guys posts. I will withhold.

Awww...somebody want me banned for not engaging in group think/speak?

Dispute me on point Gribz...nothing is more 'wide' than a blindly flung insult.

So, anything specifically 'wide' that stood out?

7 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Time to move on surely.

I just don't see the benefit to keeping him around unless he was moving into coaching or something? At the moment, McLaughlin will be number one unless Gio plans to sign someone who will come straight in to that position. I suspect we'll sign someone younger with a view to giving them some experience next year and acting as #2. If McCrorie stays, that's the position sorted for the next while although with McCrorie, if he's good enough, he needs to become our #2 and if not, should probably leave for his own career.