State Of The Squad

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

I think McGregor should retire if he is  not gonna be the number one guy in goal.

McLaughlin is already a 'Selkirk' (replaced Babe Ruth) so the last thing we need is a keeper who is less confident in his position.

The team, fans, and McLaughlin need 100% buy in.

We have a lot of consistently lame ponies in the squad as well (Helander, Jack, Roofe) who should be moved on.

Yes, Jack is still not 100% fit, and everyone knows it--move on--yes I know, my feelings hurt too--move him on.

Both Helander, and Roofe were gambles who won us a few key games. In the end, they are the paper airplanes we feared--out

Simpson--UNSAT--out

Itten--UNSAT--out

Davis--old out

Barisic--inconsistent--sell

Kamara--inconsistent--sell

Haji--great vision, nice touch, great comm--slow as a slug in winter--just blew his knee out which wont help--more suited for mgmt, than the pitch--sell

Obafor--release if possible--I don't know the rules on moving on chronic medical cases...but those should be looked into.

Arfield--Worrying the psychology behind that extension...visibly diminished capes--why?

More game time for Lowry--King--Mayo. 

Especially Lowry...needs a little more meat on him, in time, but that kid is a gamer.

The decision to give the B Team a slot in the Lowland League was 'muah' brilliant. 

The Polish kid, Zukowski looks a real gem too...would love to see him get some game time.

Hopefully Gio & Vos can work some angles and get some Holland talent in here...they play some pretty football over there.

Aug 2 is coming fast.

Stoked.

To say Jack needs moved on is the most obtuse thing I have read about one of our best players this season, as soon as Jack came back from injury in the second half at the pedo dome he change the whole dynamic of the team we started looking a lot more solid hard to beat why would you want that to stop.

Edited by WorthingBear91

7 minutes ago, ascender said:

I just don't see the benefit to keeping him around unless he was moving into coaching or something? At the moment, McLaughlin will be number one unless Gio plans to sign someone who will come straight in to that position. I suspect we'll sign someone younger with a view to giving them some experience next year and acting as #2. If McCrorie stays, that's the position sorted for the next while although with McCrorie, if he's good enough, he needs to become our #2 and if not, should probably leave for his own career.

The benefit would be if he was still considered the best goalkeeper at the club.

1 minute ago, WorthingBear91 said:

To say Jack needs moved on is the most obtuse thing I have read about one of our best players this season, as soon as Jack came back from injury in the second half at the pedo dome he change the whole dynamic of the team we started looking a lot more solid hard to beat why would you want that to stop.

You might have a more reliable alternative.

Great when fit but can we rely on him?

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

Sorry is it just me but is this guy wide? Ban me if not. But please re-read this guys posts. I will withhold.

No. He’s a Rangers fan. Some extreme views. Much like yourself. I agree with some. I disagree with others. Our cousins across the Atlantic are a little more forthright than we are.

10 minutes ago, WorthingBear91 said:

I agree but to say he needs moved on is just silly

Prior to his return, in February, I would have moved him on. Now I'm not so sure. He should only be moved on if we know we have a better alternative.

Maybe we need a similar player to alternate with him instead.

Jack is a damn good midfielder but his constant injuries mean we should be looking to replace him, particularly if he wants to keep playing for the SFA XI.  It's about Rangers, not individuals.  

Edited by Gonzo79

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Prior to his return, in February, I would have moved him on. Now I'm not so sure. He should only be moved on if we know we have a better alternative.

Maybe we need a similar player to alternate with him instead.

Lewis Ferguson...

giphy.gif