Skullduggery In Seville?

I wasn't at the game, I wasn't even in Seville, so the post represents nothing more than commentary of some of the things I've been reading from Rangers fans who were there.

There are many accounts of the stadium being unable to supply water to Rangers fans, with people in a state of distress due to heat and dehydration. I also read that UEFA has apparently accepted their responsibility and apologised. I read about Rangers substitutes carrying bottled water to fans and the Rangers doctor offering medical assistance in one case.

I also read that a large TIFO display was organised but banned by UEFA, despite having approved similar for the Frankfurt fans and failed to prevent pyrotechnics entering the Frankfurt end of the ground.

We all know how conspiracy theories can run out of control and I wouldn't want to give undue credence to something that is probably unprovable. All I'm saying is that if you wanted to neutralise the energy that Rangers offer their team, you could do worse than leave them to dehydrate in the Spanish heat.

Perhaps Gersnet members who were there might offer further insight into what many are calling appalling and dangerous arrangements in a totally inadequate stadium?

It absolutely was dangerous.   I was lucky when I got in as I managed to get a bottle of coke zero, but there was only snack food like crisps/nuts available by then (approx 45 mins before kick off), and I had planned to get something as my food plans were disrupted because the bar we sat down on was about 100 yards away from where the Frankfurt Ultras charged into us approx 6pm (NB - quite why they were unaccompanied by the police, is another mystery).

When you start to pull it all together, there are too many things which I feel were a little too coordinated to be pure coincidence, in my view.   In terms of the availability of water/food, and the comparison with a full capacity Seville game also didn't make any sense - I fancy that their fans don't go on a 2-3 day bender in advance of their games, and otherwise will be more used to the heat.  And none of that explains why there were no contingency supplies or why they shut off the water.

What recourse does the club have? I bet there's not a lot we can do other than raise concerns.  UEFA - yet again proving they are completely unfit for purpose - a scam of an organisation.

UEFA are c*nts.

The Spanish Police are c*nts.

Eintracht Frankfurt are c*nts. 

On top of what Bill mentioned, the toilet taps were turned off after 90 mins, so you couldn't even drink that (not that I would drink Spanish tap water but others were).  

i heard it was the Spanish Police, not UEFA, who knocked back the UB tifo.  

I'm always a big fan of people taking responsibility for themselves, so I made sure I drank plenty of water during the day but I'll admit, I was getting very thirsty and lightheaded during the match and was shattered by the end.  Some liquid options would've been very useful.