Skullduggery In Seville?

I always had the Rangers support down as quite a hardy bunch.  

Online viewings (over the years) have diluted that somewhat and now it seems we're full of flippin' drama queens.  

It's a football match, not a bake sale.  

No problems for me but I was driving and so well hydrated beforehand.

I was in the lower tier so I didn't have to cling on to a steep slope.

The stalls behind us kept opening and closing throughout normal time. You could see that stocks needed to be constantly replenished as it only had some small fridges.

I was in the lower tier behind the goal and when I entered the stadium a full two and a half hours before kick off there was onyl water and cola in the fridges and no food at all at the kiosk. I bought a couple of bottles of each to last the evening, ended up giving some away as stories started coming through about lack of supply. Clearly they were replenishing throughout as others beside came back during the game with hot dogs and beer and water right into extra time (who goes to a European final and pisses off to stand in a queue for a hot dog in the middle of the game?)

A wee bit OT here, but I have never come across so many fans in our end who looked like they had never been to an away Euro game before. So many looking for specific seats, splitting up from their mates to go in different directions to their appointed seat etc. That NEVER happens at any other Euro game, and to my mind is also partly responsible for the poor atmosphere/backing generated by our sections. For us having about 25K fans I have heard louder, so much louder, from 1-2000 at other away games of lesser importance.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

We all know how conspiracy theories can run out of control and I wouldn't want to give undue credence to something that is probably unprovable. All I'm saying is that if you wanted to neutralise the energy that Rangers offer their team, you could do worse than leave them to dehydrate in the Spanish heat.

Do you think there was a preconceived plan to dehydrate Rangers fans so as to neutralise their energy ?

Just now, buster. said:

Do you think there was a preconceived plan to dehydrate Rangers fans so as to neutralise their energy ?

I don’t think anything of the sort. If I did I would have said so. Do you have a view?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I don’t think anything of the sort. If I did I would have said so. Do you have a view?

I asked as it was you who posed the question and must have thought hard enough about it, so as to ask it.

Thanks for your answer.

My view.

Well, it never went through my mind. I find the question ridiculous.

The treatment of the Rangers fans in and around the stadium left a great deal to be desired.

Wasn't at the game but have been to Rangers and non-rangers games in Spain previously and encountered so many problems both outside and inside grounds.

Their Police Force are worst I've encountered, some of their grounds are ramshackles. 

Miles away from places like Germany, Portugal etc. 

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I asked as it was you who posed the question and must have thought hard enough about it, so as to ask it.

Thanks for your answer.

My view.

Well, it never went through my mind. I find the question ridiculous.

The treatment of the Rangers fans in and around the stadium left a great deal to be desired.

Five minutes back and already it starts 🙄