[AET] Rangers 2 (Jack 93'; Wright 97') - 0 Hearts

I take it Aribo's playing the central forward role again?

Not a bad line up but I'd like to have seen King and Lowry start.  

We really have to win today: to recover from Wednesday but more importantly, to start winning trophies regularly again.  

Edited by Gonzo79

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Shocking front line, three strikers on the bench. As I said elsewhere, we need to cash in on Aribo, Kent and Kamara, so this trash will finally come to an end.

Harsh.

I only count two strikers on the bench and neither are 100% fit.

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match ]Rangers vs Hearts
2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

three strikers on the bench.

Roofe isn't fit enough to start.  Itten and Sakala aren't exactly clinical.  

We'll just have to hope the three forwards can conjure something up or we get something from a set-piece.

Despite the lack of a out and out striker, I'm happy with that team.

All about how we react the Wednesday and I'm hoping the players can find on more match of character and energy to win this trophy. We don't deserve to finish the season with nothing but we'll need everything today.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Harsh.

I only count two strikers on the bench and neither are 100% fit.

We hardly know the status of Roofe`s fitness, Itten was there last weekend and scored and played well. Sakala is a striker, who played most of his career games as a centre-forward, scoring 31 goals in 91 games there. We love our one-striker stuff and put him on as a  winger, more or less. In any case, he is far more lethal than Arfield, Kent or Aribo in a front-line role.

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Rangers vs Hearts

Its hard to complain too much about the lineup. Lowry and Sakala could have started. Lowry should have I would say. I’m a wee bit concerned Lundstram could be leggy after 120 mins in that heat, and hasn’t played beside Davis much at all. But what do I know. 

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We hardly know the status of Roofe`s fitness, Itten was there last weekend and scored and played well. Sakala is a striker, who played most of his career games as a centre-forward, scoring 31 goals in 91 games there. We love our one-striker stuff and put him on as a  winger, more or less. In any case, he is far more lethal than Arfield, Kent or Aribo in a front-line role.

Sakala's time as a forward was part of a two at Oostende, or playing wide. He's not a striker that can play on his own, for me. I will never be convinced that he's a striker. You're not wrong that he's a forward, but I think he'd be replacing Kent or Diallo in our line-up today, not Aribo.

He'd be best as an inside forward, alongside another inside forward and striker, IMO. 

Roofe is not fit enough to start. 

You have a point with Itten. Maybe he's just not favoured?