Calvin Bassey SCF Performance

If the right bid comes in, every player is a sellable asset.  

GvB will definitely want to re-shape the squad and big sales will be needed to do this.

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

To say something is interesting is to say that you want to know more about it.

But not exclusively so. Is a newspaper article interesting if it expresses facts already known to the reader but causes him to reflect upon them, or indeed upon the author, in a way which previously the reader had not?

The English article interested me because there was nothing adverse in it. Hard to find something adverse to say about Bassey currently but there’s always a barrel’s bottom to be scraped. How about Leicester City discard? 

11 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

... Hard to find something adverse to say about Bassey currently ...

21 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Not really.

He has a couple of very obvious weaknesses.

Very happy for people to continue to overlook them until he is sold though.

A topic for another time.

On 22/05/2022 at 07:43, der Berliner said:

This lad has all. Over the course of the season, he did his work as a centre-half and left-back, is willing to attack if space presents itself, can flank a ball and the way he skipped past three (admittedly) Hearts players late in the game was just superb. Doesn`t shy from big occasions or teams. No matter the money offered, we should keep this lad and built a team alongside him.

His final delivery on Saturday was very peak Borna - some absolutely sublime deliveries.  Build the team around him - can only get better from here.

22 hours ago, compo said:

Stop detracting from the young man's superb performance by bickering like auld weemin 

Absolutely spot on compo.

First 3 pages of this thread is nothing more than a pissing contest (EDIT : First 5 pages 🙄).  Just because one person finds an article interesting, especially coming from a Pacific Quay CSC reporter I don't see the need for others to merely pile on with obtuse remarks.  Are we really that childish on Gersnet ?

20 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

think that the real shame is that we are not getting to discuss the article in any substantial way.

Not everyone thinks it best to just ignore the thoughts of other Rangers fans.

Quite why anyone would hesitate to share his thoughts on this article is beyond me.

Nah, the real shame is that someone posts a positive article about a Rangers player from a known Rangers-hating outlet and instead of discussing it, they round on the person posting it.

Rather disappointing - I honestly thought Gersnet was far better than this. 

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

In all seriousness, I would sell Bassey. 

We keep missing opportunities to sell. 

He is 22 with enormous potential.  I would be building my team around him for the next 3-4 years and then looking to sell.  Yes, the selling model is our model but we could sell others with less impact on the squad, such as Kamara (as much as I like Kamara as a player)

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

If the right bid comes in, every player is a sellable asset.  

GvB will definitely want to re-shape the squad and big sales will be needed to do this.

Why ?  We pocketed how much for the EL run ?  16 mill for Patterson, 4.5 mill for Gerrard - why would we need big sales ?  I would imagine one sale should be sufficient - a Kamara or an Aribo sale would see a very decent fee coming in.  We should be able to strengthen given those numbers