Calvin Bassey SCF Performance

4 minutes ago, craig said:

why would we need big sales

I doubt the current board/investors will want to keep dipping into their pockets, as they have done since King & co disposed of the wrong'uns.  

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I doubt the current board/investors will want to keep dipping into their pockets, as they have done since King & co disposed of the wrong'uns.  

They shouldn't have to with the Gerrard money, Patterson money, EL run money - plus if we sell one player from the squad for decent money.  And the club must have made a FORTUNE off those new orange 3rd tops - saw them everywhere in Seville.  The merch revenue from Seville must be significant.

It might depend on what Gio wants to do.  We might be looking at a complete overhaul or he might just want to bring in three or four new faces.  

I never pay too much attention to the annual figures, so you'll probably know better than me. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

It might depend on what Gio wants to do.  We might be looking at a complete overhaul or he might just want to bring in three or four new faces.  

I never pay too much attention to the annual figures, so you'll probably know better than me. 

We needed money to see out the season, think it was about 8 million (Bluedell pays more attention to the financials than I do in all honesty) - but we got 4.5 for Gerrard and 12 mill up front for Patterson (and potentially up to 16 mill, though obviously those add-ons wont have kicked in yet) - so that is 16.5 mill for those two.  When you add in the EL run that HAS to be in the millions between prize money, ticket sales, merch sales.  That is before we spend a penny on players.

I would imagine Gio wants his own players but I also think it would be a bit foolish to rip this squad apart when it has just won the Scottish Cup, reached the Europa final and, lets be honest, we have seen the league lost for the most part due to very, very dubious refereeing decisions (yes, we have our own part to play in dropping points, but poor officiating can't be ignored).

I would also contend that Gio has worked out how to get the best out of these players - we were struggling for form under Gerrard and for a few games under Gio too - but he has managed to get them firing on all cylinders recently, and that without a recognised striker..... I would like to think he would keep a nucleus of this squad because, IMHO, it is still the best squad in the country - and it is also very well suited to European football.

29 minutes ago, craig said:

Nah, the real shame is that someone posts a positive article about a Rangers player from a known Rangers-hating outlet and instead of discussing it, they round on the person posting it.

Rather disappointing - I honestly thought Gersnet was far better than this. 

Who did this?

I might have missed something but I didn't see a single word of criticism for the fellow that shared it. I did notice some other personal remarks though. Those appear to have been taken in good humour.

He had to be begged for pages to offer his opinion on the article. He then insisted that he didn't have much to say and nobody disputed that.

If you disagree then feel free to point out a quote as I'm happy to be corrected.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Who did this?

I might have missed something but I didn't see a single word of criticism for the fellow that shared it. I did notice some other personal remarks though. Those appear to have been taken in good humour.

He had to be begged for pages to offer his opinion on the article. He then insisted that he didn't have much to say and nobody disputed that.

If you disagree then feel free to point out a quote as I'm happy to be corrected.

Oh come on mate.  You know that what was going on was nothing more than a pissing contest in the first 5 pages of this thread.  I would suggest to go back and read the thread and then convince me that any of it was worthwhile to the thread at all - it was just an irrelevant pile on - was it because it was Tom English ?  BBC ?  I don't know but I would challenge anyone that posted to Cammy in that first 5 pages to convince it wasnt a pile on.

If you didnt find it interesting why not just skip it and ignore it, instead of spending the next 4 pages asking him what he found interesting about it - why does he have to prove that interest to you ?  He found it interesting, you didnt.  But instead of just leaving it at a disagreeing impasse you continued for the next 4 pages asking what he found interesting.

You are better than this.  Gersnet is better than this.

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Oh come on mate.  You know that what was going on was nothing more than a pissing contest in the first 5 pages of this thread.  I would suggest to go back and read the thread and then convince me that any of it was worthwhile to the thread at all - it was just an irrelevant pile on - was it because it was Tom English ?  BBC ?  I don't know but I would challenge anyone that posted to Cammy in that first 5 pages to convince it wasnt a pile on.

If you didnt find it interesting why not just skip it and ignore it, instead of spending the next 4 pages asking him what he found interesting about it - why does he have to prove that interest to you ?  He found it interesting, you didnt.  But instead of just leaving it at a disagreeing impasse you continued for the next 4 pages asking what he found interesting.

You are better than this.  Gersnet is better than this.

He doesn't have to prove anything.

I'm not going to stop asking questions about things that I don't understand.

Nothing posted here is outwith reasonable bounds of discussion.

"Calvin Bassey is juicing".

Above is the latest from our separated brethren, harvested from the Twitter feeds of the usual suspects.

Apparently, "Bassey is at least double the size since the H-u-ns signed him". Oh and, Sellik's medical team have noted this, Lab' reports are imminent.

Steroid Loyal RSC.

1 hour ago, craig said:

We needed money to see out the season, think it was about 8 million (Bluedell pays more attention to the financials than I do in all honesty) - but we got 4.5 for Gerrard and 12 mill up front for Patterson (and potentially up to 16 mill, though obviously those add-ons wont have kicked in yet) - so that is 16.5 mill for those two.  

Ross Wilson said different last year before the window. He spoke to sky sports and said the following:

Speaking live to the media this afternoon as shared on Sky Sports, Wilson responded to claims players have to be sold.

“We as a club have been clear on that,” he said.

“There’s no mandate to the manager that we have to sell players, we’ve been really, really clear in our communication that we see player trading that has to be normal.

“We’ve rejected some significant offers for some of our players in the past two windows, and we’ll do so again unless they’re the right offers for the right players at the right time.

“If we accept any offers then what we’ll definitely be doing, is reinvesting back in the squad to keep taking us forward.”

Perhaps he considers 2 short term loans and an unknown polish youngster as reinvesting in the squad. I always take it in the sense that we can go and buy other players.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

He doesn't have to prove anything.

I'm not going to stop asking questions about things that I don't understand.

Nothing posted here is outwith reasonable bounds of discussion.

We will have to agree to disagree.