Calvin Bassey SCF Performance

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Ross Wilson said different last year before the window. He spoke to sky sports and said the following:

Perhaps he considers 2 short term loans and an unknown polish youngster as reinvesting in the squad. I always take it in the sense that we can go and buy other players.

The Board, I believe, updated that at the AGM and said we needed money to complete the season - that was after what Ross Wilson said last summer.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Feel free to quote the unreasonable bit.

It isnt that it was an unreasonable question - but you asked it multiple times - you made your point, continued to ask when you could have just left it.  If you found it uninteresting, that is fine.  Just move on.  Why continue to go over old ground asking, effectively, the same question.

What was intended to be a fairly positive thread about Bassey's performance in the Cup final, using a known Rangers hater's piece as a positive starting point, it has disintegrated into a pissing contest, again.

The thread has been derailed when it didnt need to be.

And with that, I am out too - because I am now contributing to the exact same thing I am criticising.

1 hour ago, craig said:

The Board, I believe, updated that at the AGM and said we needed money to complete the season - that was after what Ross Wilson said last summer.

I'm probably wrong but I thought Wilson stated prior to January window that we didn't need to sell and had money to back the manager. 

Given my failing memory, I can't remember if that pre-dated the AGM! 

No matter, I think the board will find it difficult to defend not giving Gio money to invest in the squad during this transfer window (be it money we've made in Europe or from a sale of a player, or a combination or both). 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I'm probably wrong but I thought Wilson stated prior to January window that we didn't need to sell and had money to back the manager. 

Given my failing memory, I can't remember if that pre-dated the AGM! 

No matter, I think the board will find it difficult to defend not giving Gio money to invest in the squad during this transfer window (be it money we've made in Europe or from a sale of a player, or a combination or both). 

You could be right mate - my memory isnt what it used to be either.

Surely they will give Gio money now.  However.... we also need to remember that giving him money doesnt necessarily mean transfer fees - Bassey deserves a better deal, Aribo and Kent only have a year left so should get better deals - these all cost money too.

The majority of this squad should be retained IMHO - still the best team AND squad in the country - keep the nucleus together, strengthen the weakest parts (CB, RW, ST) and we could go far in Europe again.

14 minutes ago, craig said:

a known Rangers hater

I think English is more objective than many of his colleagues.  There's been a few barbed comments about us but he does the same with the yahoos.  

I fail to see why an Irish rugby fan is given the platform he is though.  

30 minutes ago, craig said:
1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Feel free to quote the unreasonable bit.

It isnt that it was an unreasonable question - but you asked it multiple times - you made your point, continued to ask when you could have just left it. 

I'm starting to think that you didn't read the thread. I asked the fellow two distinct questions. No repetition.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

i thought Soutter was the best player on the park but Bassey was also tremendous. 

Soutter had a good game but it's worth remembering we played most of the game without a recognised striker. 

Gordon also had a great game, his save from Aribo gets better every time I watch it (although it should have been a pen). 

But without a doubt Bassey was our best player by some distance, but Wright contributed significantly.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think English is more objective than many of his colleagues.  There's been a few barbed comments about us but he does the same with the yahoos.  

I fail to see why an Irish rugby fan is given the platform he is though.  

My experience of English is that this "balance" is a new found phenomenon.