The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I like Balogun - he plays with heart but he's a bit injury prone and does make some daft errors.

I'm sure GvB/Wilson will have been looking for CBs since they arrived.  

21 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can't we do better than Balogun?

Don't we need someone better to help us qualify for the Champions league group stage?

We need a reliable robust CB to replace Goldson that can perform to a similar standard. Not an easy task. I think given we could potentially be playing Wednesday/Saturday for an entire season the players that struggle to play 1 game a week need to be overlooked.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Can't we do better than Balogun?

Don't we need someone better to help us qualify for the Champions league group stage?

We need to get better quality but given Souttar has injury issues, Goldson is leaving, Katic is out of the picture, a 1 year deal for Balogun as cover might be a good idea (don't think he'd be difficult to deal with)

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

We need to get better quality but given Souttar has injury issues, Goldson is leaving, Katic is out of the picture, a 1 year deal for Balogun as cover might be a good idea (don't think he'd be difficult to deal with)

Assume we extend Balogun. The we have the following three with question marks over availability:

Balogun

Souttar

Helander

That's in addition to another three options.

Bassey

King

Katic

If we keep Bassey he should be clear first choice left back. King should only feature in a few matches unless we have an injury crisis. Katic is likely out of the picture, as you say, and we definitely need better than him.

I say that we should focus on getting another central defender who can be relied on and is also an improvement on Balogun.

If we keep Balogun then I suspect that it is because we have no other options.