The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, craig said:

Cheap deal, known quantity, reliable, dependable, loves the club.  Good enough for me.

Exactly to sort of fellow who will help new arrivals to settle in the dressing room. 

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

other than CB we are certainly well covered in all the defensive positions. What we really need are goals. 

Goals from Midfield, the wings and up front. 

Yeah.  I think we need a CB (or two) to replace Goldson.  We clearly need another striker given we had to finish the season playing a false 9.  And we definitely could be doing with a creative "10" who also can find the back of the net.

We don't need wholesale change - the nucleus of that team is still under 25/26 (Bassey, Aribo, Kent, Wright, Morelos) - we should be building around them rather than looking for wholesale changes.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Exactly to sort of fellow who will help new arrivals to settle in the dressing room. 

This is exactly the point Bill.

Keeping the likes of Balogun, Jack and I would even contend someone like Davis, around the club ensures that the standards expected and required, aren't allowed to drop.  McGregor was that guy (in an unconventional way) but I would expect him to retire (or, if he wants to stay, become our Cup keeper in a role reversal with McLaughlin).  This is also why I would want to keep Bassey - for such a young lad he really does get it, and he is continually leading by example with performance and effort.  Likewise Lundstram.

Doesn`t take long for more rumours, three added to the OP, inlcuding one Columbian striker ...

IN - Mateo Cassierra (25) - ST, FC Sochi, contract 6/2023 - LINK - TM

YOUTH - IN - Zak Lovelace (16) - ST, Millwall u18s, contract 6/202x - LINK - TM

IN - Vladan Kovacevic (24) - GK, Rakow, contract 6/2024 - LINK - TM