The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Hey, what do you guys think if this Bosnian keeper Kovacevic?

Article says he was the Polish League goalie of the year and he is only 24.

I don't think are any Polish dudes on here, but some of you guys know your stuff 

https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/rangers-links-to-promising-euro-star-real-despite-contradictory-claims/

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Bongani Zungu disagrees.

9 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

more proof loans are shite. 

Wasn't Defoe a loan?

Ianis Hagi was a loan. 

Ryan Kent was a loan.

16 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

there are the odd exceptions. Davis and Kent are two. 

Davis and Hagi worked well. Looking to get guys in who are out of favour in a 'try before you buy' approach is the way to do it. Loaning in guys like Sheyi Ojo and Ojaria is not the way to do it. 

Lansana Coulibaly, Andy King, Aaron Ramsay didn't work out but i suppose at the time were worth a try.

I wouldn't rule out loans in the future. Its a common approach in world football and even top teams do it. Especially in Italy.

Loans for loans sake I completely disagree with , I can seen or rather did see no upside in the Ramsey transfer loan .

However loans with options to buy make sense for all parties , the players must have a need to play well otherwise what’s the point .

It's also the case that different types of loans are needed at different times. 

Ojo and Ejaria were needed at that stage in the journey, when we couldn't quite go out and sign players to win championships; we needed a step in between. Of course, they were not title-winning players, but they played a lot of games and moved us forward. You can argue that they were successful.

We don't need those types of loans any more. We're at the stage where we need to build title-winning teams, capable of competing in Europe. 

Another type would be when we need to plug a gap in the squad, like with Diallo. We were short out wide, but we're not able to get someone in permanently, so you plug the gap with a loan. 

And then you have the try-before-you-buy types, like Sands; a loan with an option to buy. As @ranger_syntax said above, it is a successful loan even if you realise they are not good enough, like Coulibaly.