The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I really think it's time to leave the January transfer window in the past and focus on the future.  

There's little point speculating on the future when we can't even agree in retrospect on what we've actually seen with our own eyes. Transfer window topics should and must be banned until everyone agrees with me. 😉

I'm not against loans but we needed some good quality signings over the winter break to be able to win the league. I wasn't at all enamoured but the Diallo signing, bringing in a youth player to galvanise the squad and give us a spark? Nah.  

If we are bringing in youth in loan then it should be with a view to buying them.

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Anyway, are there any worthwhile rumours or are the club continuing with the cards close to the chest approach?

Ross Stewart from Sunderland rumour gathering pace - although it's thought Sunderland are looking to make him highest player at club in bid to keep him (If you believe the rumours). 

47 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I'm not against loans but we needed some good quality signings over the winter break to be able to win the league. I wasn't at all enamoured but the Diallo signing, bringing in a youth player to galvanise the squad and give us a spark? 

I agree about Diallo but I think it was more about signing the wrong player rather than the nature of his contract. He looked far out of his depth at rangers

44 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

perhaps players clubs are prepared to loan out are of questionable quality. 

Some are bound to be surplus to requirement but since many players are loaned out as part of a deliberate player development and trading strategy, it's very unlikely that all loan players can be defined in this way.