The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

KT leaving Kelty the day The Athletic report Gio wants to bring another coach in @craig

He is being rather quiet mate - I did wish him all the best earlier but not getting anything out of him, lol.  I could see this coming in fairness - don't think KT felt that Kelty were prepared to match his ambition as he wanted to have a real crack at League One.

Not sure if KT would want to be an assistant to anyone - but if he was to be assistant at any club then Rangers is where he really wants to be.

16 hours ago, craig said:

He is being rather quiet mate - I did wish him all the best earlier but not getting anything out of him, lol.  I could see this coming in fairness - don't think KT felt that Kelty were prepared to match his ambition as he wanted to have a real crack at League One.

Not sure if KT would want to be an assistant to anyone - but if he was to be assistant at any club then Rangers is where he really wants to be.

Apparently definitely not KT.

Given the chances other Kelty Hearts bosses have had of less success he will be looking for a decent chance somewhere. 

Cant believe we have given Davis another year. He hasnt contributed much at all this season, goes away for internationals and needs a rest when he comes back, and his position is well covered already. This prevents progression from the young players desperate for a chance to break through. At least I would imagine (hope) he is on reduced terms so likely to be a cheap experienced option. I thought this was an easy one to let go and use the salary budget better by bringing in someone else.

20 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Cant believe we have given Davis another year. He hasnt contributed much at all this season, goes away for internationals and needs a rest when he comes back, and his position is well covered already. This prevents progression from the young players desperate for a chance to break through. At least I would imagine (hope) he is on reduced terms so likely to be a cheap experienced option. I thought this was an easy one to let go and use the salary budget better by bringing in someone else.

If the coaching staff are convinced SD's injury concerns are behind him and he offers genuine backup next season then fine. Otherwise I agree completely with your sentiments about selection blocking.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Goldson signs new 4 year deal - great news and the official tweet announcing it is a belter 

I imagine that may well make him the highest paid player on our books.