The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Matteo Cassiera's name is popping up a lot. 

May be a bit rich for our blood but me thinks that Russia may be the place to find some really good deals given the circumstance. 

I think with the Russkies out of Europe a few clubs are gonna wanna deal. 

This Cassiera looks pretty smooth, good nose for goal, and nice soft touch passing, pretty stuff. 

Hat Trick v. Dynamo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9JJIQ8rGKQ

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

How can we buy a player from Russia? Are there not embargoes on sending money from the UK to Russia? 

That's easy.

Take this Cassiera cat for instance.

He is Colombian, his agency is probably located in another part of Europe or the Americas. 

There doesn't even have to be direct contact between clubs.

Agreement through an intermediary (agency), player released, legal attachment to the Russia league absolved.

Free agency signing, with a sign on 'bonus'.

If it even needs to go that far. 

I am not sure on restrictions. 

Edited by Malangsob

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

How can we buy a player from Russia? Are there not embargoes on sending money from the UK to Russia? 

Well, if you switch on the TV, you`d think the whole world is haring after Russia. In fact, it is "only" Europe/EU, Britain, the US and some cohorts. They make up roughly 20 % of the world`s population. China is more pro-Russian and will do what serves China most (and they do not quiver being faced by sanctions), India is more pro-Russian, but has its own problems. Much of Asia is not interested in this puny war (which it is), as is Africa. Arabia is split, since they see new opportunities in delivering oil to Europe, but also have good relations to Russia. Just my take on it.

So, there will be ways to make any deals happening ... but I would assume some Yahoo shit-thrower will cry foul if any of our deals mean that we actually pay  a Russian side for their players.

Edited by der Berliner