The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We go from 'he's worth £25M but he's too important to be sold' to 'he's p*sh - we'll not make our money back on him'

We've done that with Morelos multiple times.  🤣

i forget the exact numbers but we needed 7-9 million to cover shortfall last year. We took in 2 or 3 times that. 

Patterson - 10 mil

Gerrard - 4mil 

Europe - 16 mil. 

Share issues 1 mil

I would say shortfall is covered for this year and last. 

That's why i say we could reinvest the lot. Of course you don't get 25 million from selling a player for 25 million. 

Player and tax man gets a cut in certain circumstances etc. 

Hard to be sure on any of this of course and we may be looking to assume low European income and cover the shortfall that would cause. I do think EL groups is lowest we can achive though isn't it?

18 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I forget the exact numbers but we needed 7-9 million to cover shortfall last year. We took in 2 or 3 times that

Aye but investors might not want to keep investing, as they have done previously.  

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Has Gareth Bale found a club yet?

What about sticking him up front for 6 months to get him ready for the World Cup? 

We've got golf courses.

he is the obvious answer to our right wing woes. Bring him home. 1 year membership to Barshaw park will get him in the bag.