The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

As far as I can make out, that was a fake tweet saying that the deal was done, but there was another tweet from a young journalist (the one mentioned above), which I believe is genuine, saying that we were looking at him.

This is my understanding. Although i think our chances of getting the lad are slim if the likes of Leeds are involved. I highly doubt he joined Krasnodar from Glimt because he valued playing in the Russian league. 

On 16/06/2022 at 09:21, Bluedell said:

Tell him he won't play? Can a player at his stage in his career afford to spend a season not playing? 

There may be reasons why we wouldn't want to take that approach but it's a possibility.

It is but that only really guarantees we are worse off if we go through with it. 

We need to be looking at forwards.
Itten has gone and that only leaves Morelos and the too often-injured Roofe. (Sakala to me more of a wide player)

Can’t say I’ve seen Botheim play but seems well worth considering. I’d doubt he’s ready for the EPL so we should be well placed 

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

He’s 22, only played about 80 games in the Norwegian eliteserien  & isn’t a full internationalist yet

You missed out Krasnodar paying a significant fee for him and Haaland being first pick for Norway.  

Time will tell, I suppose...

35 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think it is empty. 

I think thats a little premature.   Whilst I don't think we will be spending the sums that many have guesstimated based on last season's transfer and prize income, but I do think we will be net spenders this window.

Its still early in the window given all of the post season internationals... I'd like one or two in for the start of pre-season though.