The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think it is empty. 

Bit too soon for that level of pessimism surely. I’m assuming you have no evidence for that opinion and it’s entirely driven by frustration?

56 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The window has only been open for a few days.

It's surely a bit early to hit panic mode.  

It’s never too early for a bit of panic. In fact I suspect some have been in training for weeks. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Bit too soon for that level of pessimism surely. I’m assuming you have no evidence for that opinion and it’s entirely driven by frustration?

We made a loss of 23.5 million last year

We sold Patterson for ~£12 million and got ~£4 Million for Gerrard and co

We didn't reinvest any of it in the playing squad bar two 6 month loans and a ~200k polish youngster

We signed Soutter on a free. This would cost us in signing on fees/agent fees.

We renewed Goldson. This would cost us in signing on fees/agent fees.

We need to renew the likes of Kent/Aribo/Morelos. To do so would cost us in signing on fees/agent fees. 

We sold Itten for approx. £1.5 Million which may go towards the above. If we sell from the 3 above I believe we may re-invest some of the monies in the playing squad.

We still have approx. £7 million shortfall to make up for next season. (this could be covered by a successful euro run)

We have no idea how much impact the Europa League final run will have on our finances until we see the accounts for this year. The last time we made the final in Manchester much of the income generated was paid back to players and staff as win bonuses.

We had directors/shareholders investing and converting to shares. This seems to have completely dried up.

We may well spend a little cash this summer. But it will be nowhere near what some expect or compare to the rotten mob across the city. Not unless we make some big sales.

Call it panic/crying/panty wetting/pessimism etc

Quite happy to see some evidence to the contrary. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

We made a loss of 23.5 million last year

We sold Patterson for ~£12 million and got ~£4 Million for Gerrard and co

We didn't reinvest any of it in the playing squad bar two 6 month loans and a ~200k polish youngster

We signed Soutter on a free. This would cost us in signing on fees/agent fees.

We renewed Goldson. This would cost us in signing on fees/agent fees.

We need to renew the likes of Kent/Aribo/Morelos. To do so would cost us in signing on fees/agent fees. 

We sold Itten for approx. £1.5 Million which may go towards the above. If we sell from the 3 above I believe we may re-invest some of the monies in the playing squad.

We still have approx. £7 million shortfall to make up for next season. (this could be covered by a successful euro run)

We have no idea how much impact the Europa League final run will have on our finances until we see the accounts for this year. The last time we made the final in Manchester much of the income generated was paid back to players and staff as win bonuses.

We had directors/shareholders investing and converting to shares. This seems to have completely dried up.

We may well spend a little cash this summer. But it will be nowhere near what some expect or compare to the rotten mob across the city. Not unless we make some big sales.

Call it panic/crying/panty wetting/pessimism etc

What that amounts to is "I don't know what our financial position is or how much we can or can't invest in recruitment". It really isn't such a big deal to just wait quietly until the window ends and then we'll see what has actually happened.

The situation we are in at the moment is we have several players entering the final year of their contracts.

These players can be split into 2 groups.

The first group consists of players we may wish to keep longer term & try to get them to extend their contracts. The likes of Aribo, Kent & Morelos are in this group.

The second group consists of players  whom we may not wish to extend their contracts for whatever reason such as constantly being injured. The likes of Helander & Ryan Jack are in this group. These players simply do not play enough games & we may wish to move them on if possible.

Until this situation  becomes clearer I don’t see us making many moves in the transfer market 

That won't be available until the transfer window is closed and the accounts are released.  

As usual, there's the 'Why haven't we spent £50m' brigade and there's the 'We're skint, doom and gloom' brigade and the truth is somewhere in between.