The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

his brother is there......

Fair enough but I think we'd be better keeping him, letting AMcG go / JMcL No.1.

I don't think AMcG would be good back up. He either plays or goes (for me) and given his weakness at set plays isn't going to improve, he should go.

I don't see him being suited to coaching either but that is just a hunch.

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't see him being suited to coaching either but that is just a hunch.

He wouldn’t be great as a corner keeping coach. Penalties, maybe but that is just a notion with no statistics.

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

He wouldn’t be great as a corner keeping coach. Penalties, maybe but that is just a notion with no statistics.

He has saved quite a lot of penalties over the years, including the hugely important save from Samaras, that opened a door to a league title.

However, the two penalty shootouts I can remember him being involved in, the opposition scored 9 from 9 (St.Johnstone and Eintracht).

Edited by buster.

12 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Interesting. In what way is he like Ritchie? in my day I think Ritchie had just taken over from George Niven if memory serves?

There’s a physical resemblance but that means nothing and I’ve only seen him on the telly in a euro match as third pick. He looked calm and solid and offered nothing spectacular. That was Ritchie’s style. You rarely saw him flying about the goal which I think is down to judgement and positioning similar to Niven before him. He must have made howling mistakes but I don’t remember them. He and Niven had solid defences in front of them which helps.

@compowill be a better judge.

Edited by Scott7

14 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not just as sure that McGregor would accept automatic second fiddle or his agent will fancy a large reduction in salary.

Imo better not to have a goalkeeper (even on the bench) whose best days are behind him. His weakness at set-plays will cost goals.

45 minutes ago, buster. said:

Not just as sure that McGregor would accept automatic second fiddle or his agent will fancy a large reduction in salary.

Imo better not to have a goalkeeper (even on the bench) whose best days are behind him. His weakness at set-plays will cost goals.

Nah, Davis, Arfield and McGregor will all be well aware they're not going to be first choice.

Despite his faults, I'd rather McGregor was pushing/supporting the likes of McLaughlin and McCrorie than a Siegrist that's for sure.