The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Seems to me the reluctance to extend his contract is a fear of the future rather than based on anything we’ve actually seen.

Ross County 3 - 3 Rangers

6 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

the reluctance to McGregor re-signing is bizarre

It really depends on whether he's No.1 or not.  

If he starts the first league match, I think the concern is totally understandable.  

We lost a league title we should have won. McGregor was certainly involved in some of the needless points dropped. The league is the main priority, hence improvements need to be made because the scum will definitely add a few starters to their squad.  

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ross County 3 - 3 Rangers

Sorry but if you’re going to judge on rare individual examples then you’re selling the entire first team squad 

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It really depends on whether he's No.1 or not.  

If he starts the first league match, I think the concern is totally understandable.  

We lost a league title we should have won. McGregor was certainly involved in some of the needless points dropped. The league is the main priority, hence improvements need to be made because the scum will definitely add a few starters to their squad.  

He is our best keeper!. He might start the first league match? I'm not concerned!.

We lost our a league title but it wasn't his fault! or any other individual's fault! every player contributed to that!.

Clutching at straws here I think!.

This is my original point, ageism!.

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

He is our best keeper!. He might start the first league match? I'm not concerned!.

We lost our a league title but it wasn't his fault! or any other individual's fault! every player contributed to that!.

The only negative is that we might want  to change our number one keeper while McGregor is still there as experienced cover in case his replacement doesn’t live up to expectations. 

6 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

McGregor conceded  too many goals last season that he should have saved.

Just now, Bill said:

The only negative is that we might want  to change our number one keeper while McGregor is still there as experienced cover in case his replacement doesn’t live up to expectations. 

Of course! I'm ok with him re-signing as I believe he has at least another season in him, and I think he as. All about opinions and that is what makes the game of football brings.

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

You could also say he saved a few that no one could be expected to save. Clearly, his time is coming to an end and we need his replacement between the sticks but I just don’t think we can deny his new contract on the basis of last season 

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

He also made many great saves that got us to the EL final! and gave me a fantastic season, I'm not sure we can repeat that effort this season? but it won't be McGregors' fault.